Random Background ID?

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Random Background ID?

Postby Robmonster » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:27 am

Just installed the full game (bargain for a tenner!) and in the Start menu folder there is an entry reading Random Background ID.

What does that do? I'm too scared to click it.

RM
Robmonster

Postby Running-Armadillo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:30 pm

Well, it comes up with a command prompt [Black box thingy] and usually when a command prompt comes up, dont touch it. Since command prompts control different things, its better just to stay away from it

Skyler Schubert

p.s. Dont worry, its not a virus or anything, everyone who downloads it gets it.
The Thirteen Year-Old Genius.
Running-Armadillo

Postby PeterT » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Read the friendly manual:
If you want to create a new background, you just need to make a PNG or JPEG image and put it in the 'Levels' folder, calling it 'background_N.png' or 'background_N.jpg', where N is a positive integer. You'll then be able to select the new background when editing levels. The width and height of the image must both be a power of 2 (e.g. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, ...). To prevent conflicts with other backgrounds, use the 'Random Background ID' tool to generate N.
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Running-Armadillo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:49 pm

Lol Peter, I was reading that just a few minutes ago, but I didnt get tgat part, Im sorry about that! I say the command prompt and my brain instantly thought "Uh-oh, I better not touch that..." but Ill probrolly check into that later!

Thanks Peter :) , Skyler Schubert
The Thirteen Year-Old Genius.
Running-Armadillo

Return to General