Armadillo Run for Pocket PC(WIP)

Everything that does not fit into the catagories below.

Moderators: Moderators, General Forum Moderators

Postby XTra_KrazzY » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:12 pm

Thanks. This is, in fact, C# for mobile devices.
XTra_KrazzY

Postby XTra_KrazzY » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:20 pm

(This is good news so it requires a second post)
I have now realized the great amount of functionality that is in DirectX. Metal bars and sheets could be able to reflect the ball and other things(not speed/battery-wise but might be an option that is off by default). Any suggestions?
XTra_KrazzY

Postby cablelag » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 pm

Someone reversed engineered the old 80's DOS game "Anotherworld" and made it into a gameboy Advanced game (homebrew so it was free).. The author found out and instead of suing him, made him a partner and now sells the mobile version and a new high res version online.

I would approach peter with this mentality.

I assume u have no real intention of selling this, especially if u don't implement the physics.. (Then it's pointless IMO). He can't deny the mobile phone scene for long. AMD is about to release a new chipset for their mobile phones which brings X360 functionality to the small portable phones. Amazing stuff.

Because if u do this, and make it small and portable.. then the game is set up prime for the Nintendo DS.. which would sell a ton.

Start with it 2d.. then I would bone up on your vector programming skillz and make it 3d for the 'pro' version.

This is of course assuming you get peter or your own physics implementation in the game.

Good luck. The popularity of this thread just screams Armadillo Run 2.
cablelag

Postby XTra_KrazzY » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:56 am

Everything's just great, but I have found out a terrible thing: My own Pocket PC only supports 3D matrices/vectors and matrix functions. My graphics driver doesn't support meshes and textures! The sprite drawing even flickers a bit, because it's slow.

Building AR for the NDS is more possible and even easier, but I haven't messed with a DS and coding to it.

I'll back off from 3D and return to 2D development. I've implemented the entire game mode GUI(tension, timers, start/stop) and I almost finished velocity. Angular velocity and gravity are things that are implemented by the physics engine but I'm really in the middle between the physics and framework so I'll implement these too.
After that I'll move to menus(with opacity), changing the perspective, anchors, connections and file reading(LVLs will be seen and could be modified but not played).

After that, if Peter Stock won't answer, I'll send a formal mail from my university email address, so he won't be intimidated with my nick's gmail address again.

The development will go on halt for now, until the end of the weekend, as I don't have time. :(
XTra_KrazzY

Postby tomo » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:26 pm

how it's going??
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby XTra_KrazzY » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Well, I came back to C++ because C# was too slow and transparency left a nasty trail behind it.

There is one framework that with it I could've already finished the graphic development of Pocket Armadillo, and its name is GAPIdraw.

Based on Microsoft's (old but good) Game API, the framework provides easier access to the video buffer and presents the developer with awesome features, such as transparency, collision checking with masking and object rotability (spin armadillo spin!).

...It costs $595, it'll be "over-budget" for me...

I don't know what to do, there are two options:
1. GAPI: Try to implement everything myself(not easy at all).
2. .NET: Try to break the system and draw everything by myself(slow and hard).

Ideas?

XK
XTra_KrazzY

Postby Tyhm » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:15 pm

...use the force?;-)
Tyhm

Postby XTra_KrazzY » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:24 am

You must've mistaken the address as an 'S' is missing somewhere... :)

Everything should be legitimate as it **might** be sold commercially.
XTra_KrazzY

Previous

Return to General