Level editor testers required

Everything about the level editing process.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nishimaster » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:40 pm

Just noticed something - if you make multiple armadillos, you only have to get one into it's portal to complete the level. Isn't there a way to make it you have to get all three in their respective portals? Provided the other two don't die, the first one if it stays in long enough completes the level on it's own, so you only have to get one in and stall the other ones which makes this level waay easier.
Attachments
Hard.lvl
This level.
(6.27 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Arrive, arise to your new world as this one dies. Forever death will embrace everything.
Nishimaster
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Andrew » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:22 am

Nope... this is a limitation of the game itself, I can't do anything about it.
Remember that it's a great bonus that this even works, as in theory it probably shouldn't, Peter has obviously implemented partial dillo support already so look for proper support in a newer release.

In any case, I haven't touched the level editor in a couple of weeks, been really busy with other things (just came back from a week in Poland), but we'll see how it goes.
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby dudiobugtron » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:28 pm

Nishimaster wrote:Just noticed something - if you make multiple armadillos, you only have to get one into it's portal to complete the level. Isn't there a way to make it you have to get all three in their respective portals? Provided the other two don't die, the first one if it stays in long enough completes the level on it's own, so you only have to get one in and stall the other ones which makes this level waay easier.

You could set up a clever mechanism where some of the armadillos needed to (effectively) get to their goal in order to make the final armadillo able to get to its goal.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Nishimaster » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:55 am

But how hard would that be? lol. I'd like to see a mechanism like that, it would certainly be interesting...
Arrive, arise to your new world as this one dies. Forever death will embrace everything.
Nishimaster
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby dudiobugtron » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:34 pm

Nishimaster wrote:But how hard would that be? lol. I'd like to see a mechanism like that, it would certainly be interesting...

If kingofthespill is still around - he had a spectator level which was a ramp with 3 holes in it for the exits; when the first armadillo fell into it's exit it 'shut' the lid over the first hole so the next armadillo could roll accross it.

Also, the armadillos were all balanced on a very tweaked balancing device which meant that once all 3 had gone into their holes, they moved into the right position, and all 3 started disappearing!

I can't find a link to it, but there have been other examples of similar ideas - EG: PeterT's Lemmidillos level (where you need to get most of the 'dillos in that chute to lift the main 'dillo high enough), and BFC's SkeeDillo contest level (in the contest archive), which is slightly more abuseable but still a good illustration of the concept.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ryo_Sangnoir » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:30 pm

You're looking for "Proof of Concept"

Attached for convenience.
Attachments
Proof Of Concept.lvl
Here.
(4.79 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Ryo_Sangnoir

Postby dudiobugtron » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:02 am

Ryo_Sangnoir wrote:You're looking for "Proof of Concept"

Attached for convenience.

Well remembered!!

No wonder I couldn't find it though, with a name like that!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Previous

Return to Level creation