Suspension

Everything about the level editing process.

Moderator: Moderators

Suspension

Postby Sparrowhawk251 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi,
This is my first post on this awesome forum! :D
Anyway, i was just messing about on AR and i treid to make a sort of suspension/hydrolic shock absorbing mechanism. I ended up with this:

It works fine on the first two tubes but on the second it breaks. Is there any way of making it stronger? What do you think of this aswell?
Attachments
Suspention_Attempt.lvl
(2.82 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Sparrowhawk251

Re: Suspension

Postby markmadras » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Hi Sparrowhawk and welcome to the AR forum. There is a lot more weight landing on the right hand suspension unit so I just made it bigger and it worked. See the file upload :D .

Why not come and join us in the A & B League contests where we are testing out the new AR2 Beta1, there are many new features in AR2, adjustable gravity, adjustable prices, multiple Dillo's, to name but a few. Please let me know if you want to take part so I can quickly fill you in on the bidding process.
Attachments
Suspention_Attempt-Fixed.lvl
(2.82 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
markmadras

Postby Sparrowhawk251 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks markmadras, do you know where can i get AR2 Beta from?
Sparrowhawk251

Postby markmadras » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:44 am

On the first page of the AR website you will find all the instructions and links to obtain the download on-line.
I am presently putting together a guide for newcomers who wish to take part in the League Contests but it's not quite finished so if you are going to come and join us in the contests you will be very welcome but let me know first and I will give you a guide on the bidding process.
markmadras

Postby Sparrowhawk251 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:07 pm

Yeah ok i will join the competitions. Also I just downloaded AR2 Beta and i was wondering if/how you can delete multiple portals and Dillos. Also how do you adjust the gravity? :mrgreen:
Sparrowhawk251

Postby markmadras » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:37 pm

OK, look forward to seeing you in the contests, best of luck. Have a good run through the built in levels just to get into the swing of things, the League games can be tough and the scores very high, I would not want you to be put off by the high standard of scoring, It takes a while to learn the skills needed to get high scores. Most of the players presently taking part have a lot of experience. Tips can be given during a contest so please do ask and I am sure you will receive plenty of encouragement. New players are welcome by all, enjoy :D .

You cannot delete multiple Dillo's or Portals, they have to be done one at a time. Select the Dillo on the tool bar, put the mouse pointer on the Dillo/Portal hold down the shift key and right click the mouse. There is a bug in the editor at present which can make a Dillo impossible to delete, in this case try to delete it then save the level, go back into the level through "level edit" and the Dillo should have gone.

In "Level Edit" get the mouse pointer on the Dillo in the toolbar, hold down shift and right click the mouse. This will bring up the gravity adjustment.

There is unfortunately another bug in the editor. If you have introduced and deleted Dillo's while creating a new level it keeps counting the Dillo's and does not deduct when you delete one. Therefore, you need to be sure you set the number of Dillo's required to complete the level to the correct number. It may have recorded six Dillo's and you only have three in the finished level. To check this right click with the mouse and the Dillo setting will come up, you only need to enter the amount of Dillo's that are required to exit the level for it to complete.

These faults will be corrected in Beta 2.
markmadras

Postby Sparrowhawk251 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:10 pm

k, thanks for all your help. Should have some fun with the gravity setting! Soon ill start entering a few competitions...
Sparrowhawk251

Return to Level creation