Edit mode

Everything about the level editing process.

Moderator: Moderators

Edit mode

Postby Penita » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi everyone

First of all, congratulation for the game Peter.

I haven’t play de armadillo run 2 beta because I have got the game from a friend. But I like to do some suggestion for the “edit level” mode.
During the development of the "quirquincho" levels (which you can see en the normal level set) I had to add and adjust some timer or tension to specific set of materials, to do so, it was necessary to select EVERY time the mentioned set, between materials I don’t want to select, this make the edit process very stressed. 1- It would be very helpfully if it were possible to group the specific set of materials like, for example “Alt+1, Alt+ 2” (like most strategy games) so you can select them again pressing “1, 2” and so on. In this way it would be more easily to make some adjustment on timer and tension for a group of materials.
2- The second suggestion is about the possibility to construct in the pause status in the edit mode, resetting the armadillo progress when starting again, but in this way you can mark the specific location of the armadillo during his path.
3- The last thing I would change is that anchor point should be removable without removing the joint materials on it, maybe [Shift + right-click] on the anchor point, in the "create/move anchor points" mode, it would be nice in some cases.

I want to know if I was the only one with this kind of problems :D .

Penita
Penita

Re: Edit mode

Postby markmadras » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Penita, and welcome to AR.

That is an interesting list of suggestions especially the suggestion in respect of deleting Anchors. Your post has been copied and pasted to here, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2328. This is the best place to put any future suggestion you have about the AR2 as this is where Peter Stock (the program developer) will be looking.

Do please come and join us in the new AR2 Leagues.
markmadras

Return to Level creation