How do you copy THEN paste onto a structure?

Share hints for building cheap and/or amusing structures.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you copy THEN paste onto a structure?

Postby excession » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:52 pm

I can mark an object (collection of bits) with TAB and then CTRL-C, then go to my map and do CTRL-V, but I cannot make any structure I paste "attach" to anything else on the level. I have to DELETE something in the structure, and re-attach it to something.

This sucks bad when you have a wheel-type structure you want to attach to an anchor point, since you have to recreate all of the 'hub' connections.

Is there some key sequence that lets you attach a vertex of a current multiple selection, to an existing structure?

Answers appreciated.

Ex
[this is my second post]
excession

Postby Ryo_Sangnoir » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:34 pm

Already been asked, and bad explanations abounded!

http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/for ... php?p=5552
So...favourite level ever: Donkey Konk. Feauturing reverse-undo-trick-highest-score 274 by RYO, which works UNLESS you undo trick it :P.
Ryo_Sangnoir

Postby Hyperkubus » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:36 pm

If you move a point by holdoing shift and bring it near another point, you can make it attach by releasing the shift but not the mouse button. That should work for any structure.
Hyperkubus
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby excession » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:01 pm

Hyperkubus wrote:If you move a point by holdoing shift and bring it near another point, you can make it attach by releasing the shift but not the mouse button. That should work for any structure.

Thankyou.

I can now -kinda- make things work. Hard with hubs of wheels but now I know the technique.
excession

Return to Building tips