i was wondering...

Share hints for building cheap and/or amusing structures.

Moderator: Moderators

i was wondering...

Postby tomo » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:44 pm

is it possible to have diferent colored dillos in a lvl: this is now: same dillos :D :D :D and this is what i am asking if it's possible: :D :shock: :x diferent dillos
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby GMan » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:50 am

I'm 99% sure it is impossible. When Dillo is loaded (heck, probably at the start of the game even), it reads the texture from the file into video memory where it resides until it needs to be drawn. So whenever dillo is drawn, it uses that one texture.

The only possible chance would be if the game doesn't cache its resources and for each dillo it creates and loads its own copy of the texture, which would mean the only chance to change the texture is in between the individual loading of the dillo and their textures.
GMan
GMan
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

ok

Postby gokou135 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:54 am

Ok then, just change the texture file. If you knew coding you could change anything in this game, or any game for that matter. I modded the heck outa oblivion.
gokou135
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby GMan » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:31 pm

I do know coding.

Changing the texture file would change every dillo to that texture, not an individual one.
GMan
GMan
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

well yea

Postby gokou135 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:20 pm

Yea, i was just giving a swift example of the fact that at least changing the dillo was possible. So really all you would have to do for multiple's is actually add mutiple dillo's to the game. Not through a level editor though, since that would make all dillo's use the same file. You would literally have to create a new dillo, at least the texture file anyway. You could probably find the code for the dillo and rip it to make your own.
gokou135
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Tyhm » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:23 pm

The Great Armadillo Father could do it.
Maybe our friend the coder and the patcher could do it.

I sure as hell can't.
Tyhm

Postby gokou135 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:43 am

interesting that you should make fun of me, i was just saying its possible.......aww the many things i would get banned for calling you.
gokou135
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby dudiobugtron » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:02 am

gokou135 wrote:interesting that you should make fun of me, i was just saying its possible.......aww the many things i would get banned for calling you.

By 'The Great Armadillo Father' I think Tyhm meant Peter Stock, the person who designed Armadillo Run.

I don't think s/he meant to offend you.

PS: All hail Peter Stock! :D
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to Building tips