Spectator Levels

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Thrack » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:08 am

Hi, I have designed another level. Before you run it, try to figure out what will happen, then tell me how accurate you were. Do you find anything about it funny or unexpected?

And once again you must add something to the level and then click undo for it to work, if you don't it wont work. Well, it'll work less anyway. (This level is kind of diffrent.)

I want that glitch to be fixed sometime in the future. (Although due to the butterfly effect, it should probably be a second version of the simulator in the game. And since people want that anyway (but for the purpose of fixing other glitches, like the force) it should be easy to add to it. (Assuming the creator includes a second version of the simulator.))

Edit:
And maybe someone can build a transistor for this game. (Preferably one that could work indefinatly.)
Attachments
Thrack's Spectator 7.lvl
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Thrack
Thrack

Postby seanarmadillo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:17 am

INTERESTING
seanarmadillo
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Thrack » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:34 am

seanarmadillo wrote:INTERESTING

Well, was it entertaining?
Parts of it had surprised me while I was creating it. Like at the end when the rocket hits that rubber thing. I originally had another purpose for that rocket but that would have been difficult to get working, so I just left it like that.
Although the whole thing was hard to get working, it's rather complex and several things are used multiple times. (Unlike my first levels, which seem really simplistic now.) Additionally part of it's purpose was to make you think it was about to do something when it actually does something else. (Or nothing, in the case of the unused object on the right. It originally had a purpose but I couldn't get it to work right. (And I forgot to take it out at the time.))
And what looks like a rocket propelled elevator on the bottom left really was supposed to be a rocket propelled elevator, but I couldn't get that working right either. (Instead it did something else, so I left it there. And later found a different use for it.)
Thrack
Thrack

Postby seanarmadillo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:45 am

do you have msn. if so.. add me baumann1cd@hotmail.com
or if you have aim sean2882
seanarmadillo
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Thrack » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:06 am

What's AIM? Maybe it could mean Airial Intelligence Manager? I have a hotmail account. I'll add you're adderess.
Thrack
Thrack

Postby dudiobugtron » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:16 am

AIM is AOL Instant Messanger. AOL is America Online. :D
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Thrack » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:01 pm

dudiobugtron wrote:AIM is AOL Instant Messanger. AOL is America Online. :D

So they've got acronyms for acronyms? That's what the PC card is. It used to be PCMCIA but noone could remember it so they shortened it. (People said it meant "People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms" or "Personal Computer Manufacturers Can't Invent Acronyms")
Thrack
Thrack

Postby seanarmadillo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:25 pm

i have a gadget you might find usefull
Attachments
GADGETS.lvl
(16.29 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
seanarmadillo
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Thrack » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:46 pm

Here's my 8th spectator level. Surprisingly, you don't have to do anything to the level to get it to work.
Maybe you can predict what this level does before running it. Although the butterfly affect seems to have a large affect in this level, I couldn't even remove seemingly useless pieces of metal, apparently it has some unknown effect on the level.

And seanarmadillo, that's an interesting gadget that you made, although it runs kind of slowly on my computer.
Attachments
Thrack's Spectator 8.lvl
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Thrack
Thrack

Postby dudiobugtron » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:17 pm

Thrack wrote:Here's my 8th spectator level. Surprisingly, you don't have to do anything to the level to get it to work.
Maybe you can predict what this level does before running it. Although the butterfly affect seems to have a large affect in this level, I couldn't even remove seemingly useless pieces of metal, apparently it has some unknown effect on the level.

it appears you have finally 'jumped the gap' - now instead of making something which works once you do the undo trick, you now have a solution which works unless you do the undo trick :P

I suggest on your next level you start from a new level instead of editing the same file (apologies if you already do this) to stop the bug from staying there.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Thrack » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:45 pm

dudiobugtron wrote:
Thrack wrote:Here's my 8th spectator level. Surprisingly, you don't have to do anything to the level to get it to work.

it appears you have finally 'jumped the gap' - now instead of making something which works once you do the undo trick, you now have a solution which works unless you do the undo trick :P

You did it and it stopped working? I should probbably put notes or something in the levels to instruct people on what to do. That's kind of funny though.

I suggest on your next level you start from a new level instead of editing the same file (apologies if you already do this) to stop the bug from staying there.

I've always started with a new level. Has the bug been encountered before?
I recently went though the levels that I've made and they appear to have become a lot more complex than they used to be. (Which makes sense.)

Maybe next I can make a highly complex level that calculates how much energy would be needed to reach the center of the earth. (And then how much energy could be gained by harnessing the earth's core.) That'd be interesting. Or maybe calculate the location of the earth's moon in 4.6 months.
Thrack
Thrack

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:06 am

Thrack wrote:
dudiobugtron wrote:it appears you have finally 'jumped the gap' - now instead of making something which works once you do the undo trick, you now have a solution which works unless you do the undo trick :P

You did it and it stopped working? I should probbably put notes or something in the levels to instruct people on what to do. That's kind of funny though.

No I haven't tried it yet! I was just assuming :D

The bug is a well known bug, it only happens every so often though - but it appears to have happened every time to you, so I was looking for something to explain this.

Maybe next I can make a highly complex level that calculates how much energy would be needed to reach the center of the earth. (And then how much energy could be gained by harnessing the earth's core.) That'd be interesting. Or maybe calculate the location of the earth's moon in 4.6 months.

We at the ARF have already far exceeded your mediocre goals! kingofthespill once made a level which counts to four!
http://www.hevanet.com/bens/Counting%20to%20Four.lvl
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Thrack » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:05 pm

dudiobugtron wrote:

We at the ARF have already far exceeded your mediocre goals! kingofthespill once made a level which counts to four!
http://www.hevanet.com/bens/Counting%20to%20Four.lvl

Then I must exceed that! And not by designing a level that counts to five. I'll try making a level that can multiply and another level that can perform addition!
Thrack
Thrack

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:54 am

and once you've done that, make one which calculates Pi!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Thrack » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:33 am

Um, this was... surprising. I made it hover, are there any practical uses for this?
Attachments
Hover Armadillo.lvl
(446 Bytes) Downloaded 317 times
Thrack
Thrack

PreviousNext

Return to Custom levels