Spectator Levels

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Hyperkubus » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:51 pm

Thrack, your spectator levels are becoming increasingly more fun! That last level was awesome!

About the hovering, try putting 6 to 8 connected pieces of rubber around the ball, tensioned to 100% red. It will spin so fast, it actually breaks the rubber. The spinning ball is a nice bug :P

That counting to four is awesome too! very nicely executed!

You could make a level that adds numbers... it would use basic cogs, like the earliest calculators...
Hyperkubus
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:24 pm

Yeah, if you put your cloth enshrouded armadillo on a surface instead of suspended by elastic, it's like a hamster ball!

It's kind of hard to tell if it really is hovering, or just using the elastic's tension somehow.

PS: You might also be interested in this phenomenon:
http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/for ... .php?t=525
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Hyperkubus » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:13 am

dudiobugtron wrote:Yeah, if you put your cloth enshrouded armadillo on a surface instead of suspended by elastic, it's like a hamster ball!

It's kind of hard to tell if it really is hovering, or just using the elastic's tension somehow.

PS: You might also be interested in this phenomenon:
http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/for ... .php?t=525

Probably not hovering, I think it's just constantly pulling itself up onto the elastic.
Hyperkubus
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Thrack » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:32 am

Well, I removed two of the pieces of elastic and turned on the forces option and it does seem to be pulling on it. (It even broke the elasic.) Then I put the two pieces of elastic back and put a timer on them so that they would selfdestruct after the armadillo started hovering. Afterwards the armadillo fell downward and destroyed the cloth by spining so much.

I made a level where the armadillo is trapped inside a spining contraption thing and you must get it out (preferably without demolishing the thing that it's inside (because it's an expensive decoration owned by a multi-trillionare and he'll shoot the armadillo if it's destroyed. Or you can think up you're own reason if you want.)) and get it onto an airship that's underneath the thing that spins. (Although you'll have to stabilize it first, I'm not sure what's causing it to wobble like that.) (It's death by wobbling.) (Oh, and you'll have to compensate for the extra weight from the armadillo.)
Attachments
Trapped Armadillo.lvl
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Thrack
Thrack

Postby Thrack » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:08 am

I've designed another spectator level, but it's not the kind that I usally design. It has a limited number or anchor points and is based on that idea. (Really limited number of anchor points.)
Attachments
Limited Anchors 1.lvl
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Thrack
Thrack

Postby Thrack » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:51 am

Hi, I finished designing my 9th spectator level and it does not suffer from the undo glitch. It focuses mostly on the rocket which travels everywhere two or three times. (And all those trips are needed, it's takes a while for the armadillo to get into position.)
Several sections of it took a while to perfect (although some things were completly acidental, all those loops that the rocket makes are acidental) the very end of the level probably took me longest to perfect, I kept trying diffrent possible ways to get the armadillo over that wall that the rocket knocks it into. (And I couldn't just move the wall slightly because the level suffers from a high degree of butterfly effectness.)

Do you like it? What do you think could be improved in my levels?
Attachments
Thrack's Spectator 9.lvl
(5.94 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Thrack
Thrack

Postby Thrack » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:05 am

Spectator level ten! Unfortunantly this one suffers from the undo glitch.
Is anyone going to comment on this level?

Now 50% of my levels (1-5) use timers and 50% (6-10) use trigger activation instead.
Attachments
Thrack's Spectator 10.lvl
(4.1 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Thrack
Thrack

Postby Thrack » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:15 am

Why has noone (other than me) posted here since Nov 30 2006 at 7:13 pm (I think that's approxamatly 13 days, 1 hour, and one minute ago. Unknown number of seconds. Correct if I'm wrong.)? I can see that people are downloading them, but why aren't there any comments? I'd like for people to suggest improvments and things.
Thrack
Thrack

Postby dudiobugtron » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:11 pm

I Usually post when I am away from AR, so I don't see most of the levels - but I like talking about them anyway!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Hyperkubus » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:57 pm

Thrack wrote:Edit:
And maybe someone can build a transistor for this game. (Preferably one that could work indefinatly.)

I've made one which kind of works like one. The only problem is that rockets tend to destroy themselves, that's why I added some cloth to slow them down... Doesn't always work though.
Attachments
Level 24 - Void 8.Transistor sketch.lvl
Made it in void 8 for no reason.
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Hyperkubus
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Thrack » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:39 am

My elevanth spectator level! What do you think of it?
Attachments
Thrack's Spectator 11.lvl
(8.15 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Thrack
Thrack

Postby Thrack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:47 am

Spectator level 12 and 13.
The 12th level was actually made after the 13.
Both levels suffer from the undo glitch, so be sure to solve that before running them. (Unless you just want to see whats diffrent.)

The 12th level has a large building and a tower that are connected together. They're rather unstable so they nearly fall apart.
So I added a rocket that shoots around breaking stuff, causing it to collapse anyway. I also decided to add an a surprise at the end, tell me what you think of it. Maybe you'll find it funny.
When I first added the surprise I ran the level and I still wasn't expecting what happened. (Or maybe it was just bigger than I thought it'd be.)

The 13th level goes on the same type of design I usally use. It starts out with a rocket carrying the armadillo upwards outside of the level. Of course then the armadillo just falls though the rocket and onto another mechanism that I built. Interestingly the rocket explodes when the armadillo leaves, so I decided to reuse some of the parts that fell to the ground. I like doing that.

Edit:
I know, maybe the 12th level should be called Godzilla or maybe Godillo.
Attachments
Thrack's Spectator 13.lvl
(9.83 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Thrack's Spectator 12.lvl
(21.54 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Thrack
Thrack

Postby Thrack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:51 pm

I don't really like the 12th level all the much since it started out just consisting of a city that gets blown up, but maybe you people will find the end to be funny.

I've started working on a version that doesn't invlove the whole city getting demolished.
What do you think of the two new levels? Are they good?
Thrack
Thrack

Postby kingofthespill » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:25 am

Nice collection! I think Spectator 11 is my favorite, as it has a nice mixture of themes. Spectator 12 seems very "Monty Python" -like.

You obviously have hit the limit of what this program can do without getting buggy. There is not much to say about both the force and the undo bug :roll: , other than that I think they are going to be fixed in the next version.

dudiobugtron wrote:and once you've done that, make one which calculates Pi!

:lol: hehe
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Thrack » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:52 am

Thanks. Maybe I'll make another one that's similar to the 11th.
Has anyone tried going beyond that limit?

I've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail although it's been a while since I saw it and I don't remember much of it.

I'm not sure when I'll make another level though, I started looking online for a game engine I could use to program some games with, so I might be busy with that for a while. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything for game programming? (I'm using C++.)
Thrack
Thrack

PreviousNext

Return to Custom levels