custom level ratings

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

custom level ratings

Postby squint » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:55 pm

I'm sure a few weeks ago there were loads of levels on 3 or 4 stars ... now they all seem to be on 1 or 2 ... is someone just racing around marking everyone down or something? I notice the competition levels are getting marked WAY down... are they too hard do you think? "I can't do it! 1 star!" :roll:
squint

Postby Armadillo Man » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:28 am

I've noticed this too. It's a bit annoying, because the ratings aren't that useful anymore. I used to mostly download levels that were rated 3 or up, but now everything is 1 or 2 stars...
Armadillo Man

Postby Zut » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:36 am

I think alot of the levels aren't terribly good yet. Game design is a mix of fine art and engineering after all, and perhaps we haven't reached that point of making truly great levels yet!

Give it time, and I think more and more levels will start getting higher ratings.
Zut

Postby Running-Armadillo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:30 am

Well, there is always going to be the "n00b" as some say in the game, but I agree with Zut, it hasnt even been a year since it has come out, we to give it time. But at the same time I do think that someone is going around just giving the levels bad ratings because there bored, and that is just plain old stupid, because even though I dont use the ratings, some people do.
Running-Armadillo

Return to Custom levels