House of cards

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby KGrape » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:10 pm

Here's my first try. After looking at Andrew's, I noticed that we found remarkably similar solutions. I had a touch more cash left over on the catching mechanism. And I'm sure it can be tweaked further (this was just a quick effort).
Attachments
House of cards.KGrape - No Break.lvl
(21.79 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
KGrape

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:24 pm

Actually I did a little tweaking myself yesterday and this is what I came up with. Further tweaking is no doubt possible.
As for why the armadillo bounces and everything stands up straight, its because of the plate at the bottom is exactly straight, and very long. The first is possible using the normal editor, the second isn't -- as I said somewhere else, I made this level using a tool I made.
Attachments
House of cards.Andrew-NoBreak-Nocatcher.lvl
(21.61 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:13 pm

If you like this level then try this one.Dominos!
Andrew
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby Vendetta » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:12 pm

can anyone explain why the cloth stands straight up in the level i posted on the 1st page? (last post of the first page)
Vendetta

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:36 pm

Vendetta wrote:can anyone explain why the cloth stands straight up in the level i posted on the 1st page? (last post of the first page)

Yes.

For the cloth to collapse, part of it has to move to the left or right slightly.

Since there is no wind, and the cloth is perfectly vertical, there is nothing to make the cloth move left or right - all of the downwards force can only be used to compress the cloth.

Imagine balancing some blocks on top of each other - they don't collapse by falling through one another, so to collapse one of the blocks has to move far enough 'off centre' to cause the ones above it to fall down. Now, Imagine that cloth is just heaps and heaps of really tiny blocks piled on top of each other. Once one of them moves it's game over.

You can do the same thing with rope.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Nishimaster » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:39 pm

lol, my solution is rubbish but I like it :p
Attachments
House of cards.Oh yeah, I rule.lvl
(24.28 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Arrive, arise to your new world as this one dies. Forever death will embrace everything.
Nishimaster
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby DJC » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:33 pm

Nishimaster wrote:lol, my solution is rubbish but I like it :p

I think your solution is ace. Like luka's solution to the son of blagger ding dong competition. I love way over the top solutions.
I have an inferiority complex, it's just not a very good one.
DJC

Previous

Return to Custom levels