Which levels do you think are the BEST?

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

Which levels do you think are the BEST?

Postby kingofthespill » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:39 am

This is an informal poll for the the favorite custom levels. It could be a 1.spectator level , 2. normal level including contests, or 3. solution to a custom level.

I think DEVEREX and Skyler are my favorites for spectator level designers, although quite a few folks are near that level for me. It's hard to choose for 2 and 3... need to think about it more... so many :roll: .
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:27 am

3) I think my favourite 'solution to a custom level' is the 'tensioned metal' launcher pioneered by ?rjan in 'TensMetalBarbie' and perfected by Mark_man in his solutions to the recent B competition.
Also of course I have a fond place in my heart for the 'Patheticon', and BFC's dark armadillo launcher in darkcatalyst's huge B competition is my favourite Dark one. (although whoever came up with the force in the first place needs a big round of applause!)
And my favourite solution to a built in level is the current highest score on 'Level 26 - Big wheel" which goes around twice, pure genius (or luck! either way it's awesome.)

edit: oooh, also I really like Jainus' Solution to Classic Contest #6 where the armadillo stayed inside the level by only a hair's breadth!

1) The spectator level (normal level?) that got me thinking the most was Skyring's Experiments level, where he pioneered those snake-charming-style vertical tricks. And I also love 'Pressure Chamber' from the recent design competition.

2) My favourite Normal Level is 'The MegaCoaster' (when done properly! Not like my current record ...), but I also really like experimental ones like 'keepy-upsies' and ''Unpossible!'', and fun ones like sushi's offroading levels.
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby kingofthespill » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:43 am

hehe...That twice around solution was mine - I could not slow the wheel down without spending money but I thought I had a winning idea, so I just let it go around and it worked :D .

Since you brought it up, I will toss in my favorite built-in one is Colin's level 1 solution. Seeing that was an eye-opener...the was one of the best earliest innovators 8) .
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Return to Custom levels