Unpossible Mission

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

Unpossible Mission

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:12 pm

Its about time.
Here is a goodie goodie Unpossible Mission - At least, so I think my self.
There is also another one not that spectaculair maybe.
Reccomended by a true hero.
Attachments
CleopatrasNose.lvl
(4.72 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
UnpossibleMission.lvl
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
Last edited by ?rjan Flatseth on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 3 new sausages in your mail box.
Inhale my unholy powers - in the shadows of a thousand forgotten dragon fists!
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby Ryo_Sangnoir » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:10 pm

The funny thing about Unpossible Mission is that nothing is original there :P.

The "rockets don't go through metal bars but other things do" was done on lotsacarsbyatomictroop, the whole rubber movement is from clepsydra, the machine itself is like the ones from force clockwork and (to a much lesser extent) recycling. Also, it isn't very interesting to look at :P (except maybe the caged rocket-raccons...at the start).

Cleopatra's Nose, on the other hand, is not only completely original but has a nice picture at the end :P.

Try again, Orjan :P.

Contest levels seem to have some of the nicest looking solutions, anyway :P.

*looks forward to the design contest, at least to see the results*

Edit: Grrrr. Okay, so that exact type of force launcher hasn't been used on a spectator level before, to my knowledge. You win this time :P.
Ryo_Sangnoir

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:28 pm

Hm! Honostly I have never seen those rocketbots anywhere. Not the rubbersheet dispencer either. The force pedal was not invented in the (beloved) force clockwork. Actually I have not seen that many levels at all. But I like my level and think one good thing is that there is no use of those cheesy timers :wink:

Edit: I looked at "lotsacars" - Its true. I uses rockets too... :roll:
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby Ryo_Sangnoir » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:12 pm

I never said it was invented by. I said it was "like".

If you want to be technical, that paddle was first seen in the Level 2 solution by bagpuss, and I think it's the least costly one involving a metal sheet so far (RYO comes out with crazy paddles where the armadillo flies on a piece of cloth attached to the paddle by rope - cloth which can make it through a metal bar connected by anchor points (unlock 3 I think, it immediately breaks on some other metal bar, but it got through only half breaking first :P)).

On the "rockets don't go through metal bars but other things do" front, lotsacars was honestly the first time I'd seen that - ever. Pretty strange really.
Ryo_Sangnoir

Oh, yes. Are you still in to Setin?

Postby ?rjan Flatseth » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:10 pm

As we are talking about technical details in a game of physics: 8) The fact that some things go through metalbars and other stuff does not is not strange at all - its a part of the basic physics of the game. There are two planes in AR. If you use free.view-mode you can see what really happends. I honestly dont quite understand your point, but its not so important. Its just technical details, and its all about having fun. BTW I just accedentally watched the "Rube Goldberg's Revenge" and there it was :( My dispencer was allready invented." I really hoped that that I was the first on that one. My last hope is that the platforgame-style turning robots are not invented by some obscure person somewhere in the underworld 8). Remember to have a look at the spectator lvl-design contest going on just now in the forum. I hope we will see tons of cool stuff. :D
?rjan Flatseth
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby Ryo_Sangnoir » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:20 pm

It was strange in that it was so simple, and that was the first time I'd actually seen it used - most people just timer'd the rocket to vanish when it was no longer needed, it wasn't actually stopped.

I know about the design contest, I await the results :).
Ryo_Sangnoir

Return to Custom levels