AR2 Version 2.1.2 Beta

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 Version 2.1.2 Beta

Postby peterstock » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Version 2.1.2 is now available which fixes the following simulation-related bugs from 2.1.1:

• An error in the air resistance calculation, where the order of creation of the links affected the simulation behaviour.
  • Perpetual oscallations when an armadillo is held by links on either side.
  • Inconsistent simulation behaviour when adding/removing unrelated links to/from anchor nodes.
  • The bounce from anchored nodes has been increased - I hope this is about the right amount now.

The version 2.1.2 Beta release is available to everyone who's already bought the game from your download/registration link in your purchase confirmation email. If you don't have this any more, you can also get to your download/registration page by entering your current registration code here:

http://www.armadillorun.com/buy/registration.php

Please post any bugs and feature requests here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2630
peterstock
Armadillo Run Developer

Re: AR2 Version 2.1.2 Beta

Postby straubitude » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 pm

I just got a chance to download the new beta. There's still a few things I'd like to see:

* One thing that might be nice would be to have the option of switching "Armadillo" view different Armadillos. As it is now, "Armadillo" view seems to follow the first created Armadillo. Perhaps you could have it so that right-clicking the View button when in "Armadillo" view toggles which Armadillo to view. You could do something similar with "tracking" view to allow the ability to follow individual armadillos instead of expanding the screen to fit all of them.
* Another thing is the level browser. I believe this was originally suggested by Rob. It would be nice if we had the option of expanding and collapsing the saved solutions to a level in the level browser.

One last question: I saw in the instructions that you gave a special thanks to Votart for coming up with the dynamite suggestion. Does this mean you're working on adding dynamite as a material?
straubitude

Postby ioncorpse » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:34 pm

The only bad thing is that most users on Windows 7 will not have possibility to play :armadillo:
:(
More over, I think it's not possible to fix it, because :armadillo: is based on OpenGL?

#Edit: Solution found (in my case). :D :D :D
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby Thrack » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Since the level browser was brought up I have my own question. Will there be an update to help organize custom levels? (Or is there already one that I missed?) I would like to, for example,put all spectator levels in one place and the rest in another to make them easier to find. In their own folder perhaps (which I suppose could be implemented as a drop down list in the level browser).
I am almost positive that has been suggested before, but since this version is being made I thought I'd bring it up.
On a side note I wonder how many of my spectator levels this is going to break. Probably most of them, haha. *amused*
Thrack
Thrack

Postby markmadras » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Thrack and welcome back.

There is a proposal to update the menu in AR so that it can be better organised and allow the user to create folders for different groups.

The present aim is to get the simulation of AR2 Beta as near perfect as can be made and then all the other refinements will be added before the official release of AR2

You may already know this but your old spectator levels will only work correctly if used with the version of AR that was used to create them which I assume was AR1. AR1 is included with all the present Beta versions of AR2 and will also be included with the final version of AR2 so your spectator levels can still be enjoyed by everyone. Think of what you can make with multiple Dillo's and variable gravity in AR2, the possibilities are endless :D
markmadras

Postby peterstock » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:34 pm

straubitude - I should make the changes to the views you suggest, and I have the expand/collapse the levels/solutions on my to-do list. Oops - I should probably have kept the acknowledgement to Votart until it's been released, but yes, I think dynamite might work well.

ioncorpse - I think OpenGL games should work on Windows 7. Was your solution a driver install?

Thrack - no doubt it will break them all, unless they are tolerant to small changes. Butterflies flapping their wings and all that. I've designated this is a beta release to try to find and fix all the simulation bugs before the official release, to try to only break them once, rather than over and over again!
peterstock
Armadillo Run Developer

Postby ioncorpse » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

There are a lot of problems with OpenGL games under Windows 7. But not with all games, just some of them. For example: Quake1 is very hard to run normally.
In AR case - drivers doesn't help me. But after a lot of shamanism with GLDirect, RivaTuner and gods blessing something goes right and it starts work normally. :D Not sure what helps more..
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby Thrack » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Haha, my spectator levels are not tolerant to the slightest change. You actually have to use the undo glitch to get most of them working! Since they aren't available on this forum anymore I'll figure out how to upload them to the main site tonight.
I've already got an idea or two for multiple armadillos so I'll try that out. I'll have to experiment with the variable gravity. (Does low gravity just make stuff bounce higher? Hmnn... will there be zero gravity? 8))
Thrack
Thrack

Postby Votart Silak » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 am

Old bug! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Through a Wall.lvl2
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Postby DaveLloyd180 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Votart Silak wrote:Old bug! :mrgreen:

Hi Votart - but can this be done without Cloth?
I think its an extension of "The Cloth Bug"

I've already written to Peter about this.
I guess its a question of "Is it a real physics program, or a game with compromises"

Dave(Either way its still a brill experience - Newbie)Lloyd180.
Attachments
Through a Wall - no cloth.lvl2
All dues to Votart
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 664 times
The only problem with making things totally idiot-proof is the unerring capacity to misinterpret the ability of total idiots. :shock:
(Just out of "Newbie School")
DaveLloyd180

Postby JimCDubb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi guys.

I know I've been gone for a while, but I've got a question about the new beta version.

I was looking at some of the recent contests, AR2_A_073_Fulcrum in particular. I know the force is suppposed to no longer exist, but Mark's winning solution would have been clearly, in my opinion, considered Dark.

I'm sure you guys have discussed this. What are the current thoughts?
JimCDubb

Postby rob » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Welcome back Jim :D I hope you join some contests.

Peter does not want to take the separation force out completely (and I agree on that) but he will likely tweak the amount of force a bit for the next beta. AR2 A 058 DarkTower proves that powerlevels are still too high.
The other dark stuff we have left is pushing a dillo through a metal sheet. Very hard to solve but not a big problem as it costs a LOT to pull it off. See AR2 B 055 6pack.
rob

Postby JimCDubb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks, Rob. I will definitely check those out.
JimCDubb

Postby Armadilloguy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:31 am

I can't seem to download 2.1.2!

registration code not valid, it seems.

0000-CC71-4E23-2CD7-8BB1-7894-6146-32A8-C509

What's wrong with that?
I've copied it from the game!

please help, because I read that I should get it for free because i bought it.
Armadilloguy

Postby ioncorpse » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 am

Write a e-mail to Peter.
enquiries@armadillorun.com
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Next

Return to Custom levels