month-late Christmas level

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

month-late Christmas level

Postby straubitude » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:53 pm

I know it's a bit late, but I made a Christmas tree level before Christmas and just never got to post it. Here's a screenshot of it:
xmas_tree.JPG

The armadillo is in the gift box to begin with and hops out. It's up to you to make sure he gets safely into the little kid's arms (yes, that thing on the left is supposed to be a little kid). This is actually a kind of difficult level so good luck.

I changed my cloth texture file for this level to make the tree green. If you wish to do the same, just go to the 'Graphics' folder, change the name of 'cloth.PNG' to something else (don't delete so you can change it back), and move 'cloth.PNG' from the zip folder below into 'Graphics'. To change back just delete or change the name of the green cloth file and change the name of the blue cloth file back to 'cloth.PNG'.

Xmas_tree.zip
(2.99 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

Comments about how you like this are much appreciated.

*btw, I apologize to anyone who may be offended by this*
straubitude

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:52 am

Wow, that was cool! I made a solution and then made my own level!

I'm not Jewish, but I thought a Menorah would make for a cool level:
Screenie.PNG

Happy Hanukkah - JustcallmeDrago.lvl
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

Also, you'll have to download these two replacement graphics to make the Menorah the right color.
cloth.PNG
cloth.PNG (232 Bytes) Viewed 2556 times

elastic.png
elastic.png (262 Bytes) Viewed 2556 times

If this offends you, too bad. It shouldn't. [Unless I totally insulted the Jewish faith by making a Menorah in AR by using the many pictures of them I found on the internet as examples. If that is true, I am sorry. I didn't mean to. ]
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Re: month-late Christmas level

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:57 am

Straub, as for your X-mas level, I liked it, but it was easily solvable with a pulley (as I did). Maybe you could make the central spike taller and put metal bars in place of a couple ropes (anchoring those bars would fully prevent a bar pulley), and also reinforce the spike with anchors so it cant be easily knocked over/broken through.

I haven't seen a good themed level for a while. Thanks! :D
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to Custom levels