Finishing Touches

Discuss solutions to user-made levels here.

Moderator: Moderators

Finishing Touches

Postby kingofthespill » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:59 pm

I am nearly done with a level and thought I ask y'all for feedback before uploading it to the main server. The theme I was working on was "counting", and this is the proof of concept. I created some toggle switches and a chain conveyor. The chain method seems fairly robust, even more than basic cloth.
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby kingofthespill » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:46 pm

kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby BioDroid » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:15 am

Very nice. It counts to 8 really 8)
BioDroid

Postby Running-Armadillo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:45 am

Very long! Im suprised how all of that worked out, especiall how the weight got knocket off, then kept the end metal sheet in place. Liked the idea, also how you had the little sheets of cloth and metal bars to show how you were counting :D .

[RA]
Running-Armadillo

Postby kingofthespill » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:17 am

Glad you liked it. I originally was having it count to 4 forever, but I thought it was more interesting to set a limit.

I imagine those switches have plenty of uses...
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby BFC » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:31 am

Pretty slick King ;)

I like the chain drive and the toggles. You scoop the 'Dillo up similar to how I did in "Circus Act". Your varation of the scoop seems a bit more stable too.

well done.

-BFC
BFC
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby kingofthespill » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:30 am

I really need to credit you BFC for the conveyor catcher. Your recent contest level definitely made it all work out :).

I started with another type of vertical catcher, one that was more rigid like I saw Deverex used, but it wasn't good at dropping and simultaneously getting out of the way :?. I was having problems with keeping the conveyor on the left side of the design, but switching sides and armadillo pickup methods made a perfect loop, so I switched to the other side of construction area for counting devices. :D

It took time to find a good chain proportions. Once I got it to those proportions I found that the chain did not need to be at all perfect to work well.
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby kingofthespill » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:11 am

I just saw a similar level where he got the rigid catcher working very nicely. I was attempting to not lose altitude to much like he did, but his angle method is sound.
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby kingofthespill » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:14 am

:oops: I was referring to "eternal" on the game site.

There also is a new one which isn't as robust (just let it run 5 minutes) but certainly interesting.It uses a tricky method - "Power of the Buddha"
kingofthespill
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Running-Armadillo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:05 am

kingofthespill wrote::oops: I was referring to "eternal" on the game site.

There also is a new one which isn't as robust (just let it run 5 minutes) but certainly interesting.It uses a tricky method - "Power of the Buddha"

Sorry, im very impatient :D but does it do anything after 5 minutes? I dont usually wait that long if its an eternal motion machine.
The Thirteen Year-Old Genius.
Running-Armadillo

Return to Custom levels