AR2 B 036 GoldenOldie Results

The more difficult league, for more complex, challenging competitions. Recommended for advanced players.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 B 036 GoldenOldie Results

Postby rob » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Time for the results of the 36th AR2 B contest: GoldenOldie.

The idea behind this level was bringing back some AR1 feeling. The smaller dillo enables minimalistic launchers that throw the dillo a long way. Didn't realize that tension solutions would equally benefit from this :oops: After the 50$ bonus the prices were better balanced and the tweaking could begin :D

4th place 796$ is for decsystem10. Rubber launcher and a very artistic, slightly expensive :wink: catcher.

3rd place 1001$ is for numskull. Also a rubber launcher but combined with a very good catcher.

2nd place 1058$ is for markmadras. Good launcher going over the obstacles and doing a single bounce to get in the catcher.

:lms: 1st place 1079$ :lms: is for Votart Silak. Another absolutely fabulous underhand swing, no bounce, straight to the minimalistic catcher. Congrats :D

I hope we'll see more of these small dillo levels, preferably hosted by one of you guys so I can play :lol:

Thanks for playing and see you in the next :D
Attachments
AR2_B_036_GoldenOldie_Results.zip
(9.46 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
rob

Re: AR2 B 036 GoldenOldie Results

Postby decsystem10 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 pm

rob wrote: very artistic, ... :wink: catcher.

Nicely put!

[Votark - pure poetry! ]
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby markmadras » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Great work guys and congratulations Votart, that launcher is pure genius, but mine was cheaper :mrgreen:

Last contest it was Votarts launcher and my catcher that hit the highest score and in this one my launcher and Votarts catcher could have achieved 1085. I tried to make it but looked like a long tweak to get the catch.

You are showing great potential Numskull, I am sure it won't be long before you have your first win.

Here is a little tip for Decsystem10, your rubber launcher, if you move it away from the Dillo it has a space to accelerate in and hit the Dillo with a lot more force. Have a look at this, I only moved the rubber back from the Dillo a small amount and the Dillo now lands straight into the catcher. I just had to tweak the catcher a little. :D You can see in my 1000 solution the power obtained even without attaching the rubber to anything.
Attachments
AR2_B_036_GoldenOldie.extra power.lvl2
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
markmadras

Postby markmadras » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:31 pm

I forgot to say, what a great contest level that was, well done Rob, the introduction of the bonus made it a lot more fun.

This may start a new trend, to give a bonus for not using the easiest and most obvious method, could inspire some more interesting contests pushing players to be more inventive. :D :D
markmadras

Postby rob » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks :D I don't tink these kind of bonus will be a trend. Simply raising the price of tension by 50 would have had the same effect....
rob

Postby Votart Silak » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 am

All solutions are nice. POC is good idea.
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Return to AR2 "B" League