AR2 A 345 009 Behemoth (Results)

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 345 009 Behemoth (Results)

Postby Arunion » Sun May 24, 2015 9:50 pm

This was an interesting challenge in my opinion. Not exactly a simple thing to stop a gigantic dillo, at least not cheaply!

Three people has completed it at least, myself included. I did manage to mess up a bit and actually created a solution for the wrong level... :oops: As in the same level except for the things I changed. When I tried to replicate the solutions in the actual level I posted, I failed.. Because of the things I had changed. :lol: Oh well. ^^

In first place is mark_man with 2620. Somehow managing to slow the dillo with a tiny bit of rubber. Impressive!
In second place is bythelee with 2586. The vehicle he has riding the big dillo is really cool.
In third is me, with 1740. Not really tweaked at all. :P

Thank you both for joining the competition! :D

PS: I also included what I had on the wrong level here, just because I could. :P
Attachments
AR2_A_009_Giants.2234-Arunion-Wrong level.lvl2
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
345 009 Results.rar
(4.54 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Arunion

Re: AR2 A 345 009 Behemoth (Results)

Postby mark_man » Sun May 24, 2015 11:22 pm

The good thing about this is i dont think you could merge my go and bythelees to get some super tweak.I was just lucky I got the more efficient :twisted: entry
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby mark_man » Sun May 24, 2015 11:36 pm

:oops: :D
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby bythelee » Mon May 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Good to see two different approaches coming out so close. Grats, Mark_man, for a deserving winner.

My solution relied on stopping the big dillo where he was, and not allowing to roll across.
The one rubber, two plate stopper was another lucky fluke. In the beginning, the stopper cost about £600, so it was a "dead duck" idea until I lucked into the version that worked.
That, plus the grey squeeze that fired the second green dillo with enough energy and direction to "climb over" was a second fortunate fluke.

Now, onto the next challenge already!
bythelee

Return to AR2 "A" League