AR2 A 329 Opposite (Results)

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 329 Opposite (Results)

Postby Arunion » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:35 pm

Thank you for trying my level ^^

Only two people submitted solutions, but I must admit I had some issues with it as well. :lol:

The winner is Bythelee with 1842
Mark_Man comes second at 1832

So a pretty close race, both with a nice use of the rocket and excellent catchers. Bythelee managed to make a solution that didn't include the rocket that was pretty sweet as well.

I included my own fail POC's and bythlee's attempt at pixel perfection. Clearly I placed the rocket in the correct place for causing frustration in everyone... :lol:
Attachments
329 results.rar
(5.86 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Arunion

Re: AR2 A 329 Opposite (Results)

Postby bythelee » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Somewhat shocked to have won one again......

I would have preferred to have built Mark_man's robust carrier than my risky and dangerous bareback daredevil. But my early attempts got nowhere close. :(
Also loved the snapthrough portal catcher. Why does it seem like the most deserving solution was denied the win again?

The "perfect result" would have seen the dillo riding the rocket just a fraction longer. He should land slightly above the middle anchor. The right-hand bar of the portal catcher itself would be a plate, to stop the dillo, and ramp him up to the portal. Then all of the plates and ropes presently catching his short flight can be deleted. Net price - 1932.

But for all of the pixels I tired to hunt through, this was the closest I got. And because the deflector plate has two ends to move, there are two pixels to hunt, not just one. The combinations were beyond me finding it manually.

Some good news, is that my main PC appears to be trojan free at last. It required a rather drastic restoring of the master boot sector on the system reserved partition, but it's looking like all might be well again.
But not quite ready to post the next challenge. It should be posted by Thursday 8.00pm GMT
bythelee

Postby mark_man » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm pleased you are almost up and running again with your main PC :D
I have took the liberty of tweaking your entry and mixed it with mine :twisted:
1890 and I look forward to the new challenge :twisted:
Attachments
AR2_A_329_Opposite.1890-quick tweak.lvl2
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby bythelee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 am

Great tweak! And, in hindsight, it seems so obvious.... Doh! :oops:

Anyway, it allowed the catcher I had in mind for the 1932 result. So, 1902 (less the $30 for the nudger)

And then spotted an alternative for 1904.

It might be possible to succeed using just the two crossed over plates for 1910, but it will need more pixel perfect nudger tweaking, and it might be impossible to control the dillo enough.
The catcher becomes highly..... energised.
Attachments
AR2_A_329_Opposite.1910fail.lvl2
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
AR2_A_329_Opposite.1902-extratweak.lvl2
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
AR2_A_329_Opposite.1904-extratweak2.lvl2
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
bythelee

Return to AR2 "A" League