AR2 A 317 Broken Oblong (Results)

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 317 Broken Oblong (Results)

Postby Arunion » Thu May 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Well this was an interesting competition. The level I made seem to inspire a few different ideas, and some issues...
Apparently some of the solutions were ruined after they had been saved. Fortunately it was detected and fixed on one solution that was sent in, and one was fixed before it was sent to me. So hopefully there won't be other issues with it...

In third place there's Dec10 with 1786. A nice solution with a timer. And he also sent in the first level with the fine sum of 1234 which I quite enjoyed ^^
In second place is mark_man with 1842. A bit advanced with his lever, but solid. He also had several extra levels with varying approaches to the level. :D
In first place is bythelee with 1906. Simple but very well tweaked. Very efficient use of the materials. With a few various solutions as well, one with quite an interesting cantilever :lol:

A great many variations to this small level. Thank you all for sending in solutions and congratz bythelee :D You all proved that my untweaked poc's were far from great :lol:

Please let me know if I missed anything ^^ There were quite a few solutions sent in so not sure I had complete overview of it :D
Attachments
317 broken oblong results.rar
(14.42 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Arunion

Re: AR2 A 317 Broken Oblong (Results)

Postby mark_man » Thu May 29, 2014 10:22 pm

My first bitoffun was my favourite of my own and the winning entry from bythelee was my overall favourite. My Obvious was barking up the right tree,just went the wrong way :cry: :D
Well done everyone :D
Attachments
AR2_A_317_Broken Oblong.1744-markman-bitoffun.lvl2
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Arunion » Thu May 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Ahh that's the one I forgot. :lol: I did like that one a lot too, mainly because of the bumpy ride it had on the top :D
Arunion

Postby decsystem10 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Ah - thanks, bythelee.

I simply could not get the rocket to park any which way - hence the timer.
I tried a *lot* of variations, including complex locks, and nothing would hold.
The answer was simpler!
Nicely done.
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby bythelee » Fri May 30, 2014 1:18 pm

I have to admit, from the very first "tie the dillo to the rocket" attempt, I had the death spiral in mind. Too many perfect surfaces to ricochet off.....
The breakthrough was when the sling hooked over the tip of the rocket, to produce the ideal trajectory.

The portal parking was more serendipity. The vertical bar alone worked great, but the dillo was too high.
The two extra bars took a while to resolve, but the end result was way better than deserved.

Meanwhile, my other dire efforts were :oops:.
Mark_man's "Ill pop round" was the "obvious" cantilever that I figured would win it.
At least it was competitive, until the rocketry skills eclipsed it.
And he built the swing that I couldn't, too.

PS where are the POC's? It's always nice to see how the level designer did it.....
PPS I should say, it took me until the last day before I thought of tying the dillo to the rocket... :oops:
bythelee

Postby Arunion » Fri May 30, 2014 1:34 pm

The POC's should be in the rar file, simply entitled "POC1" and "POC2". Very rough ideas with no tweaking done whatsoever :lol:
Arunion

Return to AR2 "A" League