AR2 A 294 boxingdaydip( results)

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 294 boxingdaydip( results)

Postby mark_man » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:04 pm

AR2 A 294 boxingdaydip results
Hello and thanks for giving it a try over this very busy period
1st is bythelee with 1840
2nd is Arunion with 1741
3rd is dec10 with 1485
Some very nice entry's
Attachments
Levels.rar
(7.51 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Re: AR2 A 294 boxingdaydip( results)

Postby decsystem10 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:36 am

Well.I like POC2 - such a simple (clean) way to break annd get forward movement.
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby mark_man » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:25 am

decsystem10 wrote:Well.I like POC2 - such a simple (clean) way to break and get forward movement.

I thought I had a good one but I was in the end amazed at bythlee his was just sweet ,I had a little tweak at yours but keeping it almost the same
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby bythelee » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:19 pm

I liked the POC 2 breaker/propellant too. Using inertia to break the bottom plate is a nice, "clean" solution.
But they're all good solutions.

And, it was only while trying to retrofit the POC2 breaker to my solution, that I realised plates were $40 each. :oops:
That's actually a sign of just how out-of-it I am right now. (Health has been a bit poor this last week.)
And, I also missed the second plate needed for it. Explaining the score difference - $40 for four bars, or $90 for two plates and one bar.
Incidentally, my breaker/launcher was inspired by the things done in Apophis, not that long ago..... :wink:

EDIT: got lucky with some inspiration, new challenge will be up shortly after having to totally scrap the challenge I had been planning. Sorry for the delay.
bythelee

Postby Arunion » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Excellent solutions as usual ^^ I couldn't even think of using the plates already there for some reason. Hope your health turns for the better soon bythelee.
Arunion

Postby bythelee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Arunion wrote:I couldn't even think of using the plates already there for some reason.

I was so tempted by those plates from the start, I couldn't ignore them. But, I think Mark_man's POC2 comes in at exactly the same price for the catcher part as mine. And he didn't use the plates at all, so it wasn't really a big deal. The POC catcher does need enough momentum off the ramp to fly to the portal, though.

While initially I thought my big saving was with the catcher, that was only compared to my previous solution, that used the same breaker.
Compared to the POC, the saving was all in the launcher/breaker.

Arunion wrote:Hope your health turns for the better soon bythelee.

Thanks, but it's a lot of long term issues, any one of which is no real problem, but cumulatively they compound into something.... more.
Not really much hope for much improvement, but better sleep would help a lot. Some alcohol, some painkillers, some exhaustion..... all are becoming necessary to get rest. :(
bythelee

Postby Arunion » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:27 pm

True true ^^ You managed to do quite a bit of saving compared to me at least ^^

And if better sleep would help a lot then that is what I'm hoping for. At least it would be a bit of an improvement..
Arunion

Return to AR2 "A" League