AR2 A 280 O.U.T results

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 280 O.U.T results

Postby bythelee » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:19 pm

As usual you guys easily spotted what I missed when building this challenge.

There I was, thinking it was far too easy to go Under, because the POC was so much cheaper than the other options, and you all chose to go Through instead.
And it was a rather easy Through, too, once I saw how.

So, the results were a little close, but there was still some telling differences in final solutions and scores.

1888 - Mark_man :lms: congratulations
1884 - Ioncorpse
1876 - Arunion getting closer to that elusive win
1872 - Alex

Well done everyone for spotting the method I totally missed. :roll:

Meanwhile, after seeing how close Ioncorpse' and Mark_man's solutions were, I tweaked Mark_man's result into an 1894 score. In theory 1898 might be possible (with a rope section between the two cloth pieces) but either the dillo fell through the gap, or just bounced away to the left. My limited tweaking time didn't find a sweet spot, but it got very, very close.... I suspect it might need a swing tweak to finish it.

I also took his 1900 concept and got it to work at 1890, for a "different" solution option to the suspended catcher. I think the rising chain fouling on the concept dillo lever is always going to make it very difficult to elevate the dillo far enough. My revised lever makes it easier to lift, but I still needed 3 bars to tweak the chain weight and leverage enough to get the dillo to the portal. I tried a lot to manage with just two bars, for 1900, but couldn't make it. I do wonder if I've missed something with the dillo lever, though. 3 bars and a rope make it expensive.....
Attachments
AR2_A_280OUTresults.zip
(17.79 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
bythelee

Re: AR2 A 280 O.U.T results

Postby Arunion » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Fascinating concepts! Several I wouldn't have thought of ^^ I tweaked the mmtweak one a bit for the 1900 which I added here. But it was a brilliant level to create such competition on it :D Excellent job guys ^^

(managing to tweak it took a lot of delicate touches both at ball and catcher end to make it go through properly)
Attachments
AR2_A_280_O-U-T.1900-mmtweak tweak aru.lvl2
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Arunion

Postby mark_man » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:27 pm

I havent looked at the results yet I will post a new level in the next hour :)
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby mark_man » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:00 am

All very nice and Arunion you are so close now I can feel that win gl mate .bythelee nice tweak I had literally just done that attempt last minute I spent more time trying to get the concept to work so well done to Arunion for getting that to work and yourself :D
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Return to AR2 "A" League