AR2 A 251 AroundTheBox (ends 23/5 @ 20:00 gmt)

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AR2 A 251 AroundTheBox (ends 23/5 @ 20:00 gmt)

Postby KuzyaHG » Thu May 23, 2013 4:03 am

I think, the next bid will make me silent. )))
If you can't live by rules - change rules!
KuzyaHG

Postby KuzyaHG » Thu May 23, 2013 4:04 am

not so.
I HOPE, the next bid will make me silent. :D
KuzyaHG

Postby bythelee » Thu May 23, 2013 7:00 am

KuzyaHG wrote:not so.
I HOPE, the next bid will make me silent. :D

Possibly. :D
It would be unusual for me to have that effect on you!

Would 7000+ suffice?
bythelee

Postby KuzyaHG » Thu May 23, 2013 8:33 am

Enough)
KuzyaHG

Postby mark_man » Thu May 23, 2013 5:09 pm

bythelee in AR1 perpetual motion was easily a reality and it almost always ended up exploding over time (the speed could be controlled ) ,If we are talking about wheels that is .But now from my understanding its a thing of the past or so I thought .
I can see a number of crawlers being used maybe with a inner ring(wheel) and a outer ring (base) .
In the old days it was easy, ioncorpse was a master at this dark art and was the reason the competitions at the time got split into light and dark with light taking the honers and dark getting its own medal .AR1 had lots of borked physics .
In AR1 for this level I would have created two spinning wheels with a cloth/bar chain connecting them, the hard part would have been getting dillo into it without him falling back out .In all this I am remembering quite far back and my memory could be playing tricks
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby bythelee » Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Well, that's weird. Suddenly I can see all threads and posts "awaiting approval" - like I've been gifted moderator status.

Now I know how Ioncorpse feels.....

Posts show as "waiting approval" so I'm guessing the floodgates haven't opened. Hope not, or the AR forum will be dead very quickly.
Anybody know what's happened?
bythelee

Postby ioncorpse » Thu May 23, 2013 9:12 pm

On official site almost all cheapest solutions are dark (for 50+10 standard levels). If someone don't know about force (SketchyGalore?) he can look on them, using AR1.

2mark_man: In AR1, on such level wheel (one balanced wheel, with space for :armadillo:) is a best choice, I suppose 100 circles or more, while dark swing is cheapest, but it will break after 2-3 circles. Don't understand, what for two wheels are?
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby ioncorpse » Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 pm

bythelee wrote:Well, that's weird. Suddenly I can see all threads and posts "awaiting approval" - like I've been gifted moderator status.

Posts show as "waiting approval" so I'm guessing the floodgates haven't opened. Hope not, or the AR forum will be dead very quickly.

Can you edit/delete this posts? It's a strange behavior. I still have moderator panel, but now "moderator list" is empty. :shock:
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby bythelee » Thu May 23, 2013 9:26 pm

ioncorpse wrote:
bythelee wrote:Well, that's weird. Suddenly I can see all threads and posts "awaiting approval" - like I've been gifted moderator status.

Can you edit/delete this posts? It's a strange behavior. I still have moderator panel, but now "moderator list" is empty. :shock:

Well, my username does now show up in the "moderator list" along with a certain venerable "Ioncorpse" and about 12 others I don't recognise.
Was that you, Ioncorpse?

I did email Peter via the Armadillo Run webpage, when we were having trouble getting Sketchy approved, and said I'd be happy to be a moderator.
So maybe the ghost of Peter is still floating around too, if it wasn't your doing.

I have access to a moderator control panel, and lists of threads and posts awaiting approval. There's a delicious looking "mark all" button, with a "delete" action right next to it.....
I'll try deleting one or two for starters......

[Power rushes to head.... :twisted: ]
bythelee

Postby mark_man » Thu May 23, 2013 9:34 pm

this is what I was thinking with the dark added and smaller cloth/bar .
Attachments
AR2_A_251_AroundTheBox.this type of thing.lvl2
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby bythelee » Thu May 23, 2013 9:35 pm

OK, so it seems I can "disapprove" topics and threads with ease. Mwah-ha-haaaa!

I thought I saw "delete" but must have been mistaken. It sure would help cut down the size of the forum if we could spring clean this crap. There are 569 pages of topics (threads) awaiting approval!
Never mind the posts trying to add themselves to the legitimate threads.

I'd be inclined to use "mark all" and be shot of them. Unless there's a good reason to not do it.
Looks like Ioncorpse has only tackled a few in the past year. Can't say I blame him.

Maybe start a new thread with a "Note to legit posters - you just got blasted, so PM if you were caught in the crossfire" listing the dates I mark all and clean up.

Thoughts?
Is it better to disapprove, or leave them hanging? (I chose to NOT inform the poster, and picked "off-topic" as the reason for disapproving)
bythelee

Postby ioncorpse » Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 pm

>>"moderator list" is empty - probably was empty while updating.

Congratz, bythelee, you are a moderator now. Peter ghost I suppose. :wink:

Moderators:
BFC, kingofthespill, Ogre, dudiobugtron, snowlord - just played a little bit (when game was released)
Orjan Flatseth - is a legendary player
luka1222, Ikerous, JonathanF, CN Player, markmadras - very good players
Cresta, NickyNick - no comments, 3 TOP light players of all time (with Unw as 1st or 2nd)

But now only you and me, mostly you :) Don't know how to remove spam :(, now you, what is it.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby ioncorpse » Thu May 23, 2013 9:50 pm

bythelee wrote:I'd be inclined to use "mark all" and be shot of them. Unless there's a good reason to not do it.
Looks like Ioncorpse has only tackled a few in the past year. Can't say I blame him.

I didn't do it, because I don't want do delete good post by mistake. But.. you are right, lets remove them all! :D
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby bythelee » Thu May 23, 2013 10:18 pm

I think so long as we make a new thread headed something like UNAPPROVED THREADS AND POSTS DELETED,
listing dates we do it, as a warning to any genuine people like Sketchy so they know what's happened, we should be OK.
Every time we add a date, the thread will move back to the top of the AR2 forum, so it'll be kept fresh at the top where new members would be looking for it.

Everyone else please feel free to chip in with comments. It's nice to have the power of God (well, moderator) but with Great Power comes Great Electricity Bills.
Or Something. :lol:

Quite honestly, Ioncorpse was quite right not to touch them, because we might have lost Sketchy if what he posted was summarily deleted. Others may have come and gone (been missed) over the past year, so I suggest drawing a line under it and starting clean. I will spend a little time seeing if there were any potential players that couldn't get in, unless Ioncorpse has already been doing that. (In which case, he deserves as many medals as possible.)

When we disapprove (I sound like Queen Vic), I think it is important to uncheck the "notify poster" box when posts are unapproved, as this will
a) flood the PM / email system and
b) invite repeat postings.
These spammers, whether human or bot, could get quite vindictive. It won't take much for the AR forum to be hit by a DDS. I've been feeling like there's been a few in the last month or two - the forum gets really slooooow.

But, it did seem that Sketchy was able to PM people, so even that is a failsafe workaround. I didn't try that myself, until after my membership had been approved by Peter, so it's not guaranteed unless we tell folk about that.
And then I'm worried that highlighting the PM option might cause a flood of spam PM's. That might be what happened to Peter, because he said to do it in his main thread about new members. And I've kinda let the cat outa the bag here, but hopefully it's buried at the end of a thread no-one else will read. :wink:
bythelee

Previous

Return to AR2 "A" League