AR2 A 250 Indiana Results

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 250 Indiana Results

Postby bythelee » Fri May 17, 2013 5:13 pm

WOW. What a challenge. :shock:
Indiana certainly still has “screen appeal” going by the level of enthusiasm shown by everyone.

:shock: 25 solutions from 7 players, plus 9 POCs, and the most entertaining and surprising variety seen for a very long time. :shock:

So, WELL DONE EVERYONE for having a go. :D

But there can only be one winner. (cue fanfare)

For his economical use of “Rob-tech” launchers, and the perfect amount of “suspense” at the collapsing portal catcher, the Golden Idol goes to Rob, scoring 1836.

Runner-up goes to Markman, scoring 1815, for a similar solution. While this could be tweaked to 1827 it remains stuck in second, and way ahead of third.

RedCarpet awards go to:
- KuzyaHG, scoring 1787 for his temporary suspense of the grey boulder, before using it to hustle all three dillos into the portal. Alex had a similar idea, but was pipped to the award by Kuzya's clever use of existing resources, creating a portal catcher by lifting the floor, making this an exceptional performance.
- SketchyGalore scoring 1785 (and easily tweakable to 1800 with cheaper launchers for green and red) for holding the lead until the very last day, and giving the old hands a proper run for their money. His non-dark trapdoor breaker in 1631-TempleofSketchy is a dynamic marvel of (non) special effects.
- Andrew (aka Tim) for some superb and unique Trapdoor choreography, with exquisite timing of separated components for Marion to scramble over.

The box-office cult title for best non-dark entry goes to:
Alex, scoring 1765 in a similar boulder-suspense thriller to Kuzya, but utilising a purely light catcher.

Best Dramatic Rescue goes to Dec10, for getting Indy to don a jetpack before flying over to rescue Marion before she fell and hurt her knee. Dec10 also wins the award for Best Stunt, with Marion flying like no dillo has flown before, and using Indy’s head as a landing pad, in UsetheWhip. Best Romance also goes to Dec10, for KissandSqueeze.

And don’t miss the bonus footage in 1491 POC1, where Marion uses the whip for a Tarzan act not seen in any other entries. The other POCs also show alternative launchers for all three dillos, and yet another way of handling the trapdoor. UltraPOC - Catcher of Death proves I had no chance of winning my own challenge.

“I’d like to thank my family, the director, the catering staff, the dog and cat, the stunt dillos whose bravery and commitment to putting their lives in peril knows no bounds, Peter Stock for creating the original concept, and lastly.... World Peace.” :wink:
Attachments
IndianaResults.zip
(96.38 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Last edited by bythelee on Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bythelee

Re: AR2 A 250 Indiana Results

Postby SketchyGalore » Fri May 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Ah, you have no idea how long I tried to figure out the three things Rob did :lol: Particularly "catchers" at the end of puzzles seem to have me banging my head against my desk. I KNEW there was a way to use the breaker from the trap door (or improvised explosive charge, as I like to think of it) as a ramp... somehow.

Kudos to everyone's solutions! Some of the less-efficient ones were brilliant! Particularly the first two Dec10 ones were hilarious. I wish there was a way to score on style! And I liked that Alex's came with a built-in suspenseful ticking clock, too :)

Glad to see things looking a little more lively here and here's to placing next time!
SketchyGalore

Postby rob » Fri May 17, 2013 6:44 pm

What a huge amount of amazing solutions :shock:
New level will be up tomorrow.
rob

Postby mark_man » Sat May 18, 2013 10:24 pm

well done all . I like every one of them
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man