AR2 A 193 DilloExMachina Results

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 193 DilloExMachina Results

Postby bythelee » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

Again only two competitors. :( Is this a Summer Holidays thing?

1st KuzyaHG 1722 in a time of 115 seconds Congratulations!
2nd AndrewandTim 1680

Of interest is that KuzyaHG used the machine to transport the lower dillos, while AndrewandTim opted to lock it after a small movement. Some ingenious mechanisms to lift the lower dillos, but ultimately not the cheapest option. I tweaked it all I could, but only got to 1706.
EDIT: changed it a bit, now got to 1720, but still 2nd place....

While the action is mostly all over in the first few seconds, getting all of the dillos through the portal could take minutes in some cases. I am astonished that with such chaotic motion lasting for over six minutes (the 1750 tweak), the AR simulation always generates exactly the same results...... No pentium bugs causing rounding errors here!

The original POC found the top right dillo to be "elusive". AndrewandTim found the best (cheapest) solution for this.

In the absence of competition interest, I found myself dreaming up a surprising number of catcher mechanisms. All 4 of my own solutions have different catchers, although one of these is built on top of KuzyaHG's winning entry (1750 - but be warned, the solution takes 340 seconds to complete......) KuzyaHG's "activator" solution also paved the way for an "ultimate" catcher solution. But you had to think asymmetrically to find it.....

In the end, the 1794 "ultimatecombo" contains another unique (and cheapest) catcher, a cheaper option for handling the three lower dillos, plus KuzyaHG's solution for the top left dillo and AndrewandTim's solution for the top right dillo. Amazingly, it's also the fastest solution here - just 95 seconds for all 8 dillos to teleport away. With three to go, one of the dillos makes a very scary bid for freedom, but is just thwarted by the machine.

It's rare to see such headroom above the winning entry (1794 vs 1722) and it's a pity there wasn't more interest. :cry:

See you in AR 194..... :wink:
Attachments
AR2_A_193_DilloExMachina.1720-AandT-tweak2.lvl2
(3.02 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
AR193results.zip
(13.4 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
bythelee

Re: AR2 A 193 DilloExMachina Results

Postby KuzyaHG » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:01 am

Thanks!
I'll post a new level after 17.00 GMT.
If you can't live by rules - change rules!
KuzyaHG

Return to AR2 "A" League