AR2_A_041_towers results

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2_A_041_towers results

Postby mi2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:56 pm

hm only two competitors votart and mark :(. mark tried to use the bounce bug ( we should think about banning this bug) and votart found a nice swing 8) .mark send me the highscoring 410 solution a bit to late so its votart who wins this with a score of 402 :lms: ! i think thats ok because i really like his solution.
Attachments
41.rar
(12.37 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
inventor of the mi2 launcher :)
mi2

Re: AR2_A_041_towers results

Postby rob » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:12 am

To be honest I didn't compete in this one because I figured it was going to be an awfull bounce tweak...
Pleasantly suprised by votarts ingenious solution, congrats :D
rob

Postby markmadras » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:38 am

Congratulations Votart, you deserve to take the win with that solution. I was very late to get more but was tweaking a 420 :D

mi2, I can't see why so few took part :? but maybe people are getting fed up with beta 1, I have to say I am getting a bit frustrated by having to continually fight the remaining bugs to get good solutions. If Peter doesn't get Beta 2 done soon I may give it a break until it's done.
The bounce bug is not a bug, it is supposed to be there, the problem is that at present you have to tweak for ages to find the bouncy spots. In Beta 2 the bounce should be evened out so there are no deadspots. Having levels that need a bounce to get a cheap solution will then be a pleasure to complete. I have a level already made for bouncing all the way to the portal, it would be an absolute nightmare to do with Beta 1.
markmadras

Postby rob » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:35 am

markmadras wrote:I may give it a break until it's done.

Please don't :shock:

At first look I liked this level a lot. Never thought of a solution like votarts so I started on a mi2 launcher. The wobly towers added a nice touch making it pretty hard. About half way of making my launcher I realized the only way to win was bouncing and I really didn't want to. If mi2 had removed the floor between the two towers I would have completed my solution but as I didn't expect it to win I put all my spare time in the B contest. Next time I'll take the time to complete it anyway.
rob

Postby markmadras » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

rob wrote:
markmadras wrote:I may give it a break until it's done.

Please don't :shock:

I probably won't but considering we have now done over 40 "trial contests" to test beta 1 I am just starting to get a bit impatient, we should be at the end of testing Beta 2 by now :( . I was telling newcomers, it would only be a few weeks until Beta2 was done, weeks ago, and I'm still telling them the same thing.
markmadras

Postby decsystem10 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

markmadras wrote:I can't see why so few took part :? but maybe people are getting fed up with beta 1.

It's a shame - it's not for want of trying, it's nothing to do with Beta 1 here - its simply not having time to do these in the available slot.
Thought this was a nice level and wobbly towers was great - but the more interesting the level the less chance I have to do it in the time. I download the solutions for these good ones, but ignore them 'til I've got somewhere.

Great level, my pocs not worth a submit, sorry. But these puzzles are being downloaded and tried.
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to AR2 "A" League