AR2 A 034 - Platinum - Results

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 034 - Platinum - Results

Postby mx781 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Whee, so the contest is over!

First I got some solutions that used one or more rubbers to lift the plate. Then came the first lever solutions and in the end most players were going towards a clever lever solution. People also seemed to like the free timers and utilized them... for no reason :D
Rob came first with his lever solution, then came markmadras, Votart and mi2. However what mi2 sent me along with the lever solution was a mind-blowing solution.

So in the end,
first place and the light medal goes to..
:lms: mi2 with the amazing solution and a result of $4414
second place goes to Votart with a the best lever solution of $4405, in which he used the timers to push the dillo to the end.
third place goes to Rob, who has the cheapest and most effective lever of them all, which costs $25. with that launcher tweaked, it could've scored higher.

I also suspect that mi2's 4414 can be tweaked up a bit with another launcher (though it seems that the solution needs something connected to the top left corridor anchor, so maybe that IS the max. Amazing solution, whatnot.

I'd like to thank straubitude, markmadras, mi2, Votart Silak and Rob for participating in the contest. Good job guys and congratulations to the winner! :D
Looking forward to the next A contest!
Attachments
AR2_A_034_Platinum_Results.zip
(8.14 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
mx781

Re: AR2 A 034 - Platinum - Results

Postby rob » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Congrats mi2, That looks sooo cool. So the strange forces we have seen around large dillo's ar also present around very long plates. Might want to send your solution to peter so he can deal with it.
I didn't even notice the free timers :oops:
rob

Postby straubitude » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:03 pm

I think that strange force is simply caused by the very large mass of the large 'dillo and the large plates. Something with that much mass can be moving imperceptibly slowly but still have a very large amount of momentum just because of its large mass. Thus, when the light mass collides with the large mass, the large mass transfers some momentum to the small mass, which because it has a much smaller mass, produces much higher speeds from lower amounts of momentum.
straubitude

Postby rob » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm sure that is exactly what happens and it's very cool to abuse it but it's physically impossible so it should be removed in the much anticipated beta2
rob

Postby markmadras » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:18 pm

Congrats mi2 that is an amazing solution, how did you think of that :?
markmadras

Postby mi2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:13 am

oh free timers :D. mark that was pure luck! i tried to build a lifting triangle ( never lift it hight enough ) and the top metelbar explode and then there was that force. 5 min of tweaking and it worked!. i like all your lever .my lever looks so newbie :lol: . next contest will be up soon. i thing it will be an old-school level 8)
inventor of the mi2 launcher :)
mi2

Postby Votart Silak » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:30 am

:shock: WOW :shock:
Such solutions blow up a head.
My congratulations, mi2! Very, very cool!
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Return to AR2 "A" League