AR2 A 31 Earth Halloween Earth results

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 31 Earth Halloween Earth results

Postby Votart Silak » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi, All!

I very much liked last solution of rob for the left purple dillo.Very nice!!! I want to construct level on this effect.

Winner is markmadras with result 1652

Congratulations to winner!!!
Thanks to All :D
Attachments
A31 results.zip
(13.19 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Re: AR2 A 31 Earth Halloween Earth results

Postby decsystem10 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Aw! BOO! :(
I thought the whole point of this was to solve it as-is, not fiddle with an editor to poke about inside.
No wonder I couldn't chase 1600+.
Attachments
AR2_A_31_Earth Halloween Earth.1232-decsystem10-Honest.lvl2
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby rob » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:20 pm

My solution is as honest as yours and I had 1620 :wink: '

I would also like to know how you guys connected to the hidden anchors :? And I think the contest would have been better if that was not allowed. It's A league, how can you expect a beginner to know how to do that? I don't even know, apart from just clicking around till I get lucky :?

Oh well, on to the next contest :D
rob

Postby decsystem10 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:30 pm

[bows deeply]

1232 + (rob - dec) * morale = 1620 :)
decsystem10
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby mi2 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 pm

:) nice ! i when i looked first at this level i had no good idea so i leave this one to you guys :D.and i agree with rob this wasn't a a league :?
inventor of the mi2 launcher :)
mi2

Postby Votart Silak » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:17 am

rob wrote:My solution is as honest as yours and I had 1620 :wink: '

I would also like to know how you guys connected to the hidden anchors :? And I think the contest would have been better if that was not allowed. It's A league, how can you expect a beginner to know how to do that? I don't even know, apart from just clicking around till I get lucky :?

Oh well, on to the next contest :D

Hi, guys!

When I built the structure inside of halloween I at the moment of blinking have pressed a pause and a pencil have noted directly on the monitor of a point and then on these points have made connections.

Concerning the left green dillo take a rope with one end out of a dillo and conduct the second end inside and the anchor point itself catches other end. It can be seen. And to tighten knot inside to a cost minimum it is possible already then. See example
:mrgreen:
Attachments
AR2_A_31_Earth Halloween Earth.Example.lvl2
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Votart Silak

Postby rob » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:00 am

Drawing with pencilon yor screen? :shock: Did you use type-ex to remove it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think connecting to these anchors should be made impossible or the anchors should be visible in editor so people that don't want to write on their monitor have the same chance.
rob

Postby Votart Silak » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:09 am

rob wrote:I think connecting to these anchors should be made impossible or the anchors should be visible in editor so people that don't want to write on their monitor have the same chance.

You can establish in special rules for contest that it is impossible to join internal anchors :D
Votart Silak

Postby markmadras » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 am

After my first solution I could see the only way to get a high score was to construct a catcher inside the Yellow Dillo. I made the construction outside the Dillo, press tab and highlight the whole construction then you can drag it all into the Dillo. As Votart said, mark the anchors on the screen so you can find them. It was tricky getting a connection to the anchors even with this method so it required lots of patience. I only used editor to see what was under the green Dillo not to make the internal construction or the connections of rope. Rope is fairly easy to connect blind as it twitches when you pass over the anchor, you just need to have the other end visible, any links can be made outside of the blind area and then click and drag into position.

Maybe this was more a B League contest but IMO it was an excellent idea. If connections under the Dillo were not allowed the whole concept would have been changed to a less challenging level.

Guess we have all learned some more tricks from this one.

New contest coming shortly, my internet connection was lost for a while and only just come back on.
markmadras

Return to AR2 "A" League