ARFC A 010 Smile results

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC A 010 Smile results

Postby Votart Silak » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Only two players sent to me solutions .

The solution of sendai45 , most likely, it's a joke.
The solution of markmadras is ingenious and cool, from a series of its solutions I have received a true fun.

I admire you, markmadras!

Finally, winner is markmadras with super score 736 :lms:

My congratulations! :D
Attachments
Smile results.zip
(9.75 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Re: ARFC A 010 Smile results

Postby markmadras » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:33 pm

Well I had fun with this one and thought when Sendai put in a solution that I had some real competition, clearly not. :lol: The joke was on me but it made me tweak a lot more than I would have.

What happened to you all, it wasn't that hard or any more demanding on tweaking time than many of the previous contests with lots of tweaky Dillo sorting. :? :? :? :? :? :?

OK. My chance to host for the first time in a while, hope you will all join in.
markmadras

Postby ioncorpse » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Another AR2 engine bug? :D
Great idea, how you markmadras come to it?

#edit: I didn't have time on AR for last few days. Thats why I wasn't compete. + Such type of level with unrealistic bounce problem in AR2 beta isn't good motivation. Pocker tournament + wife + work + sleep = 24 hours :mrgreen:
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby sendai45 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 pm

Sorry for the joke, Mark!I didn't want to see you all alone in this competition, yet at the same time I didn't want to tweak out a competitive solution, either. Now I can see that I wouldn't have had a chance, anyways! Never would have though a bounce like that was possible, though it makes complete sense now... Nice abuse of the bouncing glitch! :D
sendai45

Postby markmadras » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:15 pm

No problem Sendai I enjoyed trying to max my solution, it could have gone to 744 but the tweaking was driving me crazy.

The bounce is supposed to be there, the glitch is, that it is not consistent along the length of a metal plate, you have to find the hot spots. My solutions all took a lot of tweaking, one pixel in the wrong direction and the falling plate would not bounce enough to launch the Dillo. This will be a very usefull launching technique in the next version once the collision response has been changed.
markmadras

Postby V4nKw15h » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Ah :)

Now I can see why you enjoyed it. If I'd even thought of that idea, I would have enjoyed tweaking it too.

I did play this level for about 90+ minutes, but I couldn't come up with a reliable technique. Unfortunately, if I don't get a solution after that much time the level has already bored me and I have no interest left to play it. Searching randomly for solutions isn't much fun especially when none of them work.

Trying to make an appealing level isn't easy. If I've learned anything in all my time, it's make them easy to solve in less than 10-15 mins. That almost always gets people playing. The trick is then to make sure it's also difficult to max out the score.
V4nKw15h
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to AR2 "A" League