ARFC_A_006_Two Sides - RESULTS

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_A_006_Two Sides - RESULTS

Postby V4nKw15h » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:33 pm

What a great competition:

I loved watching this one unfold. The first day was very busy. Solutions came flying in very quickly.

Ioncorpse was first with the big scores. First hitting me with a 784 and later that first day sending a 832.
However it was Rob's solutions on the first day that would really interest me. He created a super cheap catcher that would never have worked in AR1.
Day 2 came, and Votart jumped into the lead with his 836. Mark was constantly improving his scores but never taking the lead at this point.
On Day 3, things really heated up. Ioncorpse came back with an 840 and from nowhere markmadras hit me up with an 846. I really thought Mark had the win at this point. His uber-crazy-tweaky catch made me think nobody else would copy him. However, by this stage Rob's super cheap catcher had inspired me. I'd already got a totally different way of doing the start to everyone else and I thought if I could tweak it I could use Rob's catcher for a great score. It worked, and I knew that Marks 846 was in danger. Then it happened. Late on the 3rd day I received ...

:lms: 860 Ioncorpse

... and the next morning Votart dropped in his last two 840+ solutions.

Huge congratulations to ioncorpse for really pushing this level and finding the best start possible I think. What is interesting is that using his start, with my bounce trick, and Rob's catcher, it's possible to get 880! I've included my 868 that I made before I saw ioncorpses even better solution to the start. It will show a bounce trick that could be used to tweak ioncorpses single metal bar start and bounce it all the way to Rob's ridiculously cheap catcher for an 880.

...and mark thought 620 was close to the maximum for a while, hehe.

Well done all, I thoroughly enjoyed hosting that one.
Attachments
TwoSidesResults.zip
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
V4nKw15h
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Re: ARFC_A_006_Two Sides - RESULTS

Postby ioncorpse » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Rob's catcher is wonderfull, never thought thats such thing will be possible ever (in AR1 it's 100% impossible).

I knew, I'm not very good in constructing big catchers. But I won with worst catcher ever :oops:
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby V4nKw15h » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Yeah, I would never have attempted it either if Rob didn't show it was possible. What's better is it's super strong in AR2. Not once in all my tweaking of it did it collapse.

It may be even possible to get 886. There is a single piece of rope in the catcher I used for 868, that could potentially be removed. Combine that with your single metal bar start, and 886 is maybe possible.
V4nKw15h
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby ioncorpse » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:56 pm

You forget, that your peace of cloth in catcher is 16$, potentially 890$ is possible. :D :) :D
Feel the Power of the Dark Side.
ioncorpse
Champion of Darkness
Champion of Darkness

Postby V4nKw15h » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Ah, I did know that. I couldn't get it to work with $12 cloth. The tighter cloth made the dillo bounce out. But yes, in the perfect solution maybe 890 :)

So Kudos to whoever proves it :)
V4nKw15h
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Votart Silak » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:38 pm

rob, catcher is super!

ioncorpse, my congratulations!
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Postby rob » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:06 pm

Very nice solutions all, it's a shame i didn't realy have the time to make a cheaper launcher.
This catcher design was the first structure I made using ar2 knowing that in ar1 it failed because of the dark force it created. I was just waiting for an opportunity to use it :D
rob

Postby markmadras » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Amazing how we all have such different ideas, rob's catcher is well worth remembering, and there is a multitude of other inventive solutions.

I knew there was a chance Ioncorpse would get the same score as me but at the same time I would have put a small bet on him winning. Well done Ioncorpse an excellent solution, if our solutions are combined it could have got 876. :) And I thought 620 was a good score :lol:
markmadras

Postby sendai45 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:14 am

I thought for sure that more people than Rob and I would have thought out that style of catcher! Yours is nice and clean though, Rob. I like it.
sendai45

Return to AR2 "A" League