AR2 A 163 Downhill results

The easier league, for smaller, less time consuming competitions.

Moderator: Moderators

AR2 A 163 Downhill results

Postby paolof » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Time for results

1 - Alex with a super 1800
2 - KuzyaHG 1576
3 - Bythelee 1030

Great solution from everyone, I'm still admiring the Alex 716 solution.
A special thanks and a big welcome to our newcomer bythelee, and his great debut
Attachments
Ar.zip
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
paolof

Re: AR2 A 163 Downhill results

Postby paolof » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:16 pm

How to draw outside boundaries or draw long object

1. Start level editor and select new level.
2. Near the bottom left corner draw a single horizontal metal sheet and attach two anchors at its end points.
3. With multiselection (Tab and mouse) select the sheet and the two anchors, they became green.
4. Copy (Ctrl-C)
5. Move the mouse near the bottom right corner and press ONLY Ctrl-V
6. Move the mouse near the top left corner and press ONLY "Ctrl".
7. Now you see two sheets (and their anchors) the original and one near the top left corner. This one doesn't exist and we call
it 'the ghost'. Try to do a multiselection arround it, and it will be not selected. Try do a multiselection arround the
bottom right corner (where you pressed Ctrl-V) and magically an invisible sheet and its anchors will be selected (we call it "the invisible").
8. Remove any selection, by clicking in any empty area.

Now if you want to draw outside the boudaries,

9. Select the dillo in the tools and move the upper boundaries below the 'ghost'
10. Select the anchor tools , left click on BOTH the anchors of the 'invisible'. This is a bit hard, you have to move the mouse until
a little green square happens, then click. You can help with the zoom or with a multiselection (it is important to remove the selection before the click).
11. Press play and all is done. You have a anchored sheet outside the boundaries.

If you want to draw a long sheet

12. Like point 10 but just select only one anchor.
13. Press play, then stop and then play again, the long object happears after the second play.

Few notes

- Try with different object, you can draw a very long rocket. It is very powerfull, look the particles.

- In point 10 (or 12) instead of click with anchor tool try to start a new object (sheet, rocket) from one of 'invisible' anchors.
A very very big object (depends on distance from 'invisible' to 'ghost') happears. Try the rocket again, it is very big and funny.
It is a pity that this big big object exist only in the first play, it is not possible (or at least it seems) to save

- The method works only with anchor point, so it seems impossible to take advantage of this bug in solutions.

- In point 12, after the left click on an anchor, the 'ghost' sheet changes its thickness.

- During my tests I noticed other strange behaviour, but I'm not able to reproduce them now, I'll continue to explore this bug.

paolof
paolof

Postby Votart Silak » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:27 pm

All solutions are cool!

My congratulations to Alex :D
Life as a zebra: that a light, that a dark, and in the end - an ass!
Votart Silak

Postby bythelee » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Well done guys!
Sublime timing and exquisite control in all of the rocket transfer solutions.

My thoughts of using the rocket for more were tainted by AR1 thinking, where the dillo simply falls through the cloth basket when he leaves the rectangular playing area. Just confirmed this no longer happens in AR2. Clearly I've still got plenty of catching up to do with AR2 changes......

Good luck with the next challenge.
bythelee

Return to AR2 "A" League