Toribash

Discuss anything not related to Armadillo Run here.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you play Toribash

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 14

Toribash

Postby lordofdeath101 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:30 pm

Anybody here play toribash? IF you do, please post your name and stuff and you can join my clan which is [ShlimUnion] I am Shlimby and our clan site (our clan is still unofficial) is http://www.shlim.weebly.com The reason i wasnt on for a while is because i was working on this site and toribash.
@put the dillo in the portal and shake it all up@
lordofdeath101

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:37 am

I tried toribash.

I liked the idea of making your own moves by contracting and extending joints, but... I don't know, the gameplay just isn't what I like.

Yes the joints are pretty easy to change and stuff but I think it would take too long to get good at fighting and seeing what your opponent is doing at the same time. I also saw they advertised "custom moves". Where is that? I don't consider saving a replay of a neat (they are fun to watch) match a "custom move". I expected them to have a fighting system where you could make moves in sandbox mode, then save the moves so they would be availiable in a fight. Then when fighting, you can click the "punch" move you made or the "kick" move you made.

I don't like do the same repetitive thing everytime. If I wanted to punch the enemy, I would have to extend and contract things each time I wanted to punch, rather than save a punch move and not have to go through the long slow extend/contract process again and again.

This gets crazy for complicated moves.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby lordofdeath101 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:40 am

it does...... and you have to be fast... but its still fun to fool around with friends....
lordofdeath101

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am

I would be sooooo cool if they did that though. I mean really, do you think "contract pec, extend elbow, hold wrist" when you punch? I don't. It seems more like you just call up the way you do it like it's a macro and you do it on auto (of course you can concentrate on placement, power, and if an abort is needed)

I think writing is a good example of "human macros". If this was a toribash world, we'd all be slow writers. Same with walking. :?

If they do add that, I'll makes some kickass moves and play you :twisted:
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby lordofdeath101 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:46 am

JustcallmeDrago wrote:I would be sooooo cool if they did that though. I mean really, do you think "contract pec, extend elbow, hold wrist" when you punch? I don't. It seems more like you just call up the way you do it like it's a macro and you do it on auto (of course you can concentrate on placement, power, and if an abort is needed)

I think writing is a good example of "human macros". If this was a toribash world, we'd all be slow writers. Same with walking. :?

If they do add that, I'll makes some kickass moves and play you :twisted:

well that wont be enough because me and my site pwn!!!!! lol check it out. shlim.weebly.com
lordofdeath101

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:52 am

Cool site. I love that serious-gopher thing (what is that animal again?)

Nice pictures and I blogged your forum.

As for your video: Why does he explode?
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby TSchultz » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:57 am

Grah. That meme is getting rather old.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby lordofdeath101 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:00 am

lol thats a prarie dog
lordofdeath101

Postby smjjames » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:37 am

I did play the demo for a bit, and it is pretty cool. Although difficult to master. Sometmes I managed to score some good moves, but most of the time I'm trying to get it in the right position. Been trying to do those amazing moves that they show in the replays and those replays make the dismembering look easier than it really is.

Although I am getting better at it somewhat, still ending up with the gracefulness of a stranded fish when trying to change direction or go where I want to go, LOL.

Haven't decided whether to buy the full game or not.
smjjames

Postby lordofdeath101 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Ya... my friend and i are gonna buy it together so its cheaper... maybe we could save up toricredits and buy one for u...?
lordofdeath101

Postby Teh Flan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:49 am

wow i just started playing today and teh game is awesome,although i'm horrible at it XD but i've been on it for the entire day..................................................getting my ass kicked :oops: :oops: :evil:
Teh Flan

Postby smjjames » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:23 am

I'm getting better at it. While the 'dummy' target doesn't fight back (though if it hits you, it counts), it provides a good way of honing your control over it. I'm still having problems trying to get back to the target when I move away for one reason or another. Although in a real match, your opponent will be trying to get to you anyways.

Anyways, I am getting good at it, managed to rip off the arm of the dummy, and somehow ending up with my arm also getting ripped off, in toribash.

STILL, I'm far from the gracefulness of some of the replays.

I'm not sure how paying for it would work online in a three way payment thing. I mean I haven't done an online three way payment before. Also, I'm not sure how the toricredits would work.
smjjames

Postby lordofdeath101 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:25 am

lol i made a video thats kind of dumb but it shows some ok moves. (all dont by me offline) im making another better one that other people r adding too. the backround is DAFT PUNK!!!!!! lol. its at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR-Yyi2vs80 lol... the beginning is kind of boring... in fact it all is.. but there are some good ones in there
lordofdeath101

Re: Toribash

Postby osideshorty911 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:17 am

HECK YES I PLAY TORIBASH DUDE I OWN (im not that high of belt but i now most killer moves) my name is osideshort

but i havnt been on in a while but u know i might!!
dedmon wrote:
we play AR so often it might be deemed unhealthy ;p

I wrote:
HEy WElOCME To ThE liFe oF AN arMADILlo AdDict
osideshorty911

Re: Toribash

Postby osideshorty911 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:23 am

ooh and whoever the dummy doesnt fight back u can make it attack just go to SETUP....options...scripts...and then go to like ukebot and it will fight back against u!! MY FAVORITE MOD IS GOLDPOEPLE.TBM!!!!woot...and u cant buy toribash can u???if u can then i got mine for free
dedmon wrote:
we play AR so often it might be deemed unhealthy ;p

I wrote:
HEy WElOCME To ThE liFe oF AN arMADILlo AdDict
osideshorty911

Return to Off Topic