ARFC_N_XXV - Curfew Results

Exclusively for new players. Contest Veterans may not participate.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_N_XXV - Curfew Results

Postby Wizzent » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:42 pm

And the winners are..... (suspance.....)....

Calneon with 2952L ! :lms:
CN_Player is the Sith with 2966D :dms:

Really close results ! Gratz both!
and thanks to all for partecipating :D


An observation is that noone used the spinning stars to break the top cloth.. ( see "Concept" in the zip file)... anyway, who cares 8)

PS: i've edited the name of calneon's solution: it's 2952 and not 1952 and re-posted the attachment ...
Attachments
ARFC_N_XXII Results.zip
(17.97 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Last edited by Wizzent on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wizzent
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Florence, ITA

Postby TSchultz » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:18 pm

Is it just me, or are you not supposed to use AREdit to build things outside of the building area...
User avatar
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:25 pm

Yeah! Unbelievable!!
User avatar
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Earth

Postby Ikerous » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:26 pm

TSchultz wrote:Is it just me, or are you not supposed to use AREdit to build things outside of the building area...

Where was that done?


My proof of concept for this level was 2960 using the bottom right rocket and supporting the basket from the right and left side. I'd post it but i deleted it :/
User avatar
Ikerous
Light Master
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:02 am
Location: California

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:28 pm

Your avatar is... hm. I'd really rather look at LSD cat than that.

Anyway, It's in PhilG's x58. The top metal sheet.

I say decsystem10 wins :lms:
User avatar
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Earth

Postby Ikerous » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:30 pm

JustcallmeDrago wrote:Your avatar is... hm. I'd really rather look at LSD cat than that.

Anyway, It's in PhilG's x58. The top metal sheet.

I say decsystem10 wins :lms:

Oh wow I didn't realize that you couldn't do that in game. Yeah that definitely doesn't count...

Also, my avatar rocks :D Your avatar inspired me to change mine.
User avatar
Ikerous
Light Master
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:02 am
Location: California

Postby TSchultz » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:32 pm

Image
If you try to move the metal plate to the left or right, the top node jumps back inbounds.

EDIT: Ok. crappy quality and can't see the edge of the level, but... yeah...
User avatar
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:35 pm

Ikerous wrote:I didn't realize that you couldn't do that in game.
Your avatar inspired me to change mine.


Look at Gamma's N-League. I did it there FOR LAUGHS.

Well, thats no reason to have an avatar like that... but I guess that represents you pretty well! LOL
User avatar
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Earth

Postby Ikerous » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:39 pm

JustcallmeDrago wrote:Well, thats no reason to have an avatar like that... but I guess that represents you pretty well! LOL

Cuz the pictures awesome and im awesome? :D

It was either that avatar or I was going to copy you and use a cat avatar in hopes of starting a trend. But the only cat pic i have is this...

http://i16.tinypic.com/6hgyo01.jpg

But don't click that if you're particularly squeemish
I think it's a particularly cool example of taxidermy
User avatar
Ikerous
Light Master
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:02 am
Location: California

Postby TSchultz » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:46 pm

Overall standing:
35 - Calneon - 2 points

What about Calneon's 2952 that was incorrectly title 1952?
User avatar
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Postby McGinge » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:04 am

Ikerous wrote:
JustcallmeDrago wrote:Well, thats no reason to have an avatar like that... but I guess that represents you pretty well! LOL

Cuz the pictures awesome and im awesome? :D

It was either that avatar or I was going to copy you and use a cat avatar in hopes of starting a trend. But the only cat pic i have is this...

http://i16.tinypic.com/6hgyo01.jpg

But don't click that if you're particularly squeemish
I think it's a particularly cool example of taxidermy


Ike thats so wrong!! :D
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
User avatar
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 2:49 pm
Location: Sevenoaks, England

Postby smjjames » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:31 am

McGinge wrote:
Ikerous wrote:
JustcallmeDrago wrote:Well, thats no reason to have an avatar like that... but I guess that represents you pretty well! LOL

Cuz the pictures awesome and im awesome? :D

It was either that avatar or I was going to copy you and use a cat avatar in hopes of starting a trend. But the only cat pic i have is this...

http://i16.tinypic.com/6hgyo01.jpg

But don't click that if you're particularly squeemish
I think it's a particularly cool example of taxidermy


Ike thats so wrong!! :D


lol, looks like something out of that movie 'The Thing', sci-fi movie.

Anyways, what do you guys think of my submission? I had no idea whether it was light or dark for sure so I called it a light/dark hybrid. Did make good use of a metal bar as a spring though.

Congrats to the two winners, also, Wizzent, I used one of the pairs of spinning stars as you call them, to assist in getting the 'dillo to the goal.

Edit: Actually, almost everybody uses that pair of spinning stars that suppourts the catcher initially in one way or another. Although my method of suspending the catcher seems to be unique in the submissions.
smjjames
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:55 am
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Postby PhilG » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:34 am

Sorry if I did something wrong, still pretty new to this. I didn't change the level or anything, I just put a metal plate near the top and moved the end node up.

If my solution is no good I'll happily concede defeat.
PhilG
Contest Winner
Contest Winner
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:25 pm

Postby Wizzent » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:38 pm

What a mess! :D

Well, i really didn't notice that the endnode of the metal bar in Phil's solution was outside the building area, knowing that i'd assign the light medal to Calneon (that wrote the wrong result, it's clearly 2952).

Phil, i'm so sorry.. thinkin' that ur Armadillo run had a bug or something like that, 'couse if i try to move that metal sheet there's no way to place like u did... Nevermind, it will be for the next time!
:wink:


PS: i'm quite new in those things so if someone more experienced wants to tell his opinion and defend PhilG i'm glad to let him the medal.
Wizzent
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Florence, ITA

Postby CN Player » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:27 pm

Wizzent wrote:What a mess! :D

Well, i really didn't notice that the endnode of the metal bar in Phil's solution was outside the building area, knowing that i'd assign the light medal to Calneon (that wrote the wrong result, it's clearly 2952).

Phil, i'm so sorry.. thinkin' that ur Armadillo run had a bug or something like that, 'couse if i try to move that metal sheet there's no way to place like u did... Nevermind, it will be for the next time!
:wink:


PS: i'm quite new in those things so if someone more experienced wants to tell his opinion and defend PhilG i'm glad to let him the medal.


yes,it is possible,I can make the same on my AR,but it is a dark and costs 2 bucks more than rope+cloth(see my solution)
User avatar
CN Player
Light Master
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:37 am
Location: China

Next

Return to "N" league

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron