ARFC_N_XXV - Curfew (Ends Sept 23 @ 21:00 GMT)

Exclusively for new players. Contest Veterans may not participate.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby smjjames » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:27 pm

yea, I used a solution that doesn't rely on the rope with the timer and used separate ropes for the catcher. I tried to do it with just the rope/w timer alone, and it's hard to get the dillo down fast enough before that timer goes and at the same time making sure the catcher doesn't break.

There are just so many variables such as the rockets spinning, where and when the rockets go through the cloth, etc, so the whole thing is sensitive to any small changes.

I know I shouldn't be talking about the solution that much, but there are only so many things you can do to the catcher.
smjjames

Postby PhilG » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:39 pm

2958 L
PhilG
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Welcome to the forum!!

Don't worry if you happen to come in last place in your first contest. I did that many times and I was dead last. :D But you get better and eventually learn the tricks of the trade.
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby smjjames » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 pm

I guess I'll send in that 2914 one, I think it's a light one since nothing goes red for more than a second or two, but I'm hesitating on calling it a true light solution.

Would be cool to see how others solved this though :)
smjjames

Postby Calneon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:43 pm

JustcallmeDrago wrote:Welcome to the forum!!

Don't worry if you happen to come in last place in your first contest. I did that many times and I was dead last. :D But you get better and eventually learn the tricks of the trade.

Heh I think he's gonna come first :P.
Calneon
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Bad news

Postby Wizzent » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:10 pm

Guys i'm in trouble with the email site...got problems with opening and stuff... i have to ask u to re-send ur lvls to a new address...

the new (and working) one is : luigi.chelli@libero.it

I think is better to change the deadline too... so new one will be 2morrow afternoon.... 21gmt

Thx a lot....and sorry for the annoyance.
Wizzent
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby smjjames » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:48 pm

okay... Although would just PMing you the level work? I'm fine with sending it to the new email, but with the short notice, other people might want to just PM instead.

Also, tomorrow afternoon still makes the deadline the same as it was, the 23rd @ 21PM GMT.
smjjames

Previous

Return to "N" league