ARFC N XXIV (deadline 13th sep)

Exclusively for new players. Contest Veterans may not participate.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby FF » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:06 pm

TomHD wrote:Sorry if the level is too easy, for some reason whenever I made a solution it kept slowing to a halt.

I can upload a larger version which I made for an A contest if I won. It has walls which aren't allowed to be touched as an extra rule to keep the context in place, but they could be removed if not allowed.

Level is hard to make it $50-, but easy to make it for $100+ so it's good for N league IMHO. I'm shure 972 is possible, but it is so hard to tweak...
FF
Light Master

Postby TSchultz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:12 am

I don't think A contests allow extra rules.

EDIT: I get to the end with 966, then it falls off. I'm too lazy to tweak it.
Last edited by TSchultz on Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JohnnyRoastbeef » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:15 am

For the first time ever I see the method you guys are talking about using for those scores. I don't have the patience to get said scores, but I see how.

Epiphany.
At long last I have an avatar.
JohnnyRoastbeef
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:21 am

lol almost 972 so much... :(
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JohnnyRoastbeef » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:05 pm

I'll take pride in announcing the first actual N-contestant score of 960.
JohnnyRoastbeef
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby smjjames » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:36 pm

JohnnyRoastbeef wrote:For the first time ever I see the method you guys are talking about using for those scores. I don't have the patience to get said scores, but I see how.

Epiphany.

it is just the amount of money left when you're done. Some contests have a little more complex setup for scores such as [money left over] times [the amount of time] for example. However the host usually explains how to do that when it comes up in a competition.

BTW, Mine still stands at 868 light and takes 4 or 5 seconds to get there as that is the real score, and I like this solution of mine :) bet it's the fastest of all of em, lol.
smjjames

Postby Overlord » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:45 pm

My 962 is 5 seconds :roll:
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby TSchultz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:48 pm

smjjames wrote:Some contests have a little more complex setup for scores such as [money left over] times [the amount of time] for example. However the host usually explains how to do that when it comes up in a competition.

BTW, Mine still stands at 868 light and takes 4 or 5 seconds to get there as that is the real score, and I like this solution of mine :) bet it's the fastest of all of em, lol.

N and A contests never have rules.
EDIT: Rules about scoring.
Rules wrote:General, applicable to both A and B:
- No special per-level rules regarding scoring or non-destruction of components. The cheapest (legal, see contest rules) solution wins.

Also, 4 or 5 seconds isn't really that fast...
Last edited by TSchultz on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby smjjames » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:54 pm

TSchultz wrote:
smjjames wrote:
JohnnyRoastbeef wrote:Some contests have a little more complex setup for scores such as [money left over] times [the amount of time] for example. However the host usually explains how to do that when it comes up in a competition.

N and A contests never have rules.
Rules wrote:General, applicable to both A and B:
- No special per-level rules regarding scoring or non-destruction of components. The cheapest (legal, see contest rules) solution wins.

Also, 4 or 5 seconds isn't really that fast...

I was talking about how score was calculated. Thought I had seen some contest where the score was the cash plus something, I forget.
smjjames

Postby TSchultz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:58 pm

Yep. Only in C contests. "Rules regarding scoring"=how scoring is calculated.
TSchultz
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JohnnyRoastbeef » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:33 pm

smjjames wrote:
JohnnyRoastbeef wrote:For the first time ever I see the method you guys are talking about using for those scores. I don't have the patience to get said scores, but I see how.

Epiphany.

it is just the amount of money left when you're done. Some contests have a little more complex setup for scores such as [money left over] times [the amount of time] for example. However the host usually explains how to do that when it comes up in a competition.

I don't understand what you're saying. I know it's just the amount of money. It's just that usually my mind is totally blown by the fact that people get scores hundreds of dollars cheaper than mine (which is the cheapest I can envision). On this one I see exactly what solution they're talking about building.
JohnnyRoastbeef
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby mx781 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:43 pm

962, whee
mx781

Previous

Return to "N" league