ARFC N contest III (ends March 18 @ 1900 GMT)

Exclusively for new players. Contest Veterans may not participate.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby MrDo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:15 pm

Yes, if you win a contest you will have to host the next one. All you do is create a new topic and copy the rules and stuff from other contests. Then click Add an Attachment and browse to your level.
MrDo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby dudiobugtron » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:26 am

MrDo wrote:Yes, if you win a contest you will have to host the next one. All you do is create a new topic and copy the rules and stuff from other contests. Then click Add an Attachment and browse to your level.

If you want to read a really long version of what MrDo just said then you can read it here:

http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/for ... php?t=1003

:lol:
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby MrDo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:34 pm

When you guys are done with your solutions, send them to me early so you don't forget. algray@gmail.com

NickyNick send me yours too, or you won't be eligible for the cookie.
MrDo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby MrDo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:14 pm

I am seeing a few mistakes with the solutions. To do it correctly you should follow these tips.

When you play the game, always click 'Start game'. NOT 'Edit level'. If you do this, you will have the ability to create multiple solutions and you can start fresh whenever you want. tip: save your solutions often and name them the score.

When you are all tweaked out, save your best solution and name it like this.

2000-MrDo
Your forum name is important!

The file to email me would be called "ARFC_N_III_oh_snap!.2000-MrDo.lvl"
MrDo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby MrDo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:19 pm

All solutions that have been sent are all GOOD. I used copy and paste to fix two of them and the ones that are not named can be claimed later if need be. I am not trying to bring down the hammer on everyone, just trying to help.

Editing levels is dangerous because you can easily move a point and alter the contest level, unintentional or not. If you use 'Start game' instead, those pieces will not move. Hope that helps, good luck.
MrDo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby gokou135 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:29 pm

Hi ummm not trying to be cocky like i usually am, but if i win. Is there a link to like everything i need to know on how to make a stage. I have made one and its ok but i dont know how to add money, make save levels be like levels under the stage. And i dont know how to make the ending scene come up such as how much you spent and wether you want to edit or not. Thanks
gokou135
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby MrDo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Click instructions, all that stuff is covered.

To set the budget, click it and type it in (edit mode only).
When you solve the level within budget, it says Level Complete! (game mode only).
MrDo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby gokou135 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:53 pm

Hey thanks Mr.Do. I have a level ready for if i win. I think people will like the nostalgia that it represents. Although im hoping its not too simple.
gokou135
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Previous

Return to "N" league