ARFC_C_XVII_BigPortal ends August 10th 18:00 GMT

For special contests with modified rules.

Moderator: Moderators

ARFC_C_XVII_BigPortal ends August 10th 18:00 GMT

Postby DrRoy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi all!

Welcome to the "C" League Contest No.19 - BigPortal

Submissions to: pcr_mag@km.ru
Attention!!! In a letter write the complete file name, which is found in attach! (My postal server cuts the names attaches). Or archive a file with solution!

Contest rules link: http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/for ... php?t=1016

Naming convention is:
[Time Score]-[Money left]-[YourForumName]-[SolutionName]
f.e. 10,22-3344-DrRoy-LongLiveTheArma

GMT Time link: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

PRELUDE

...Another flight was almost over. Arma was very anxious - the supplies for a hyper jump were running low. Only the last coil of rope and several rubber blocks were left. Still, it was better then nothing?
Straight ahead a huge planet showned up. "C-19 portal" was displayed on the onboard computer. Arma got excited - the whole planet fit into the hyper-field and could serve for takeoff from any point.
"Portal C-19! "Arma" requests a landing!"
"Arma? - The operator?s voice for some reason sounded scared - From Dillo? Sorry, buddy, all the transfocal space ports are occupied."
"But why?" - Arma started to feel a chill under his armour.
"King Peter the First is temporary unavailable. The transfocal is under royal computer control. And it?s? We lost it? Damn virus! Sorry, buddy, can?t help you!"
"Oh, no!" - Arma screamed in desperation - "I?ll die without hyper-field re-charging!"
"It?s your problem, dude? Actually, you know, I?m not 100% sure, but there might be another transfocal near the North Pole. You could try to reach it. That?s all that I can do for you. Good luck!"
The air went silent. Arma jerked the helm towards him and went cold - the engine did not work. Of course he ran out of the fuel at the most critical moment!
When the initial shock was over, Arma rechecked the fuel again - not much, could it get him to the Pole?.. And there is not much time. He must take the risk! Only do not hit the inactive transfocals - than nobody would be able to help?
? Translated by FF.

А для русскоязычной публики - оригинал:
...Заканчивался очередной перелёт. Арма чувствовал себя крайне неуютно - запасы материалов для очередного гипер-прыжка подошли к концу. Осталась только последняя бухта каната да несколько плит из каучука. Всё же лучше, чем совсем ничего...
Впереди по курсу замаячила громадная планета. "Портал C-19" - выдал бортовой компьютер. Арма возликовал - планета целиком входила в гипер-поле и могла служить отправной точкой в любом месте своей поверхности.
- Портал C-19, вас вызавает борт "Арма", прошу срочной посадки!
- Арма? - голос диспетчера был почему-то испуганным - Это с планеты Дилло? Нет, парень, считай, что тебе не повезло. Все трансфокальные площадки недоступны.
- Но почему? - Арма почувствовал лёгкий озноб под панцирем.
- Король Петер Первый временно оставил свой пост. Контроль над энергией трансфокала лежит теперь во владениях королевского компьютера. И он... Мы потеряли связь с ним... Проклятый вирус! Прости, парень, мы не сможем тебе помочь!
- Но как же это! - отчаялся Арма - Совсем никак? Но я же погибну без подпитки гипер-полем!
- Это твои проблемы, парень... Хотя, ты знаешь, я не уверен на все сто, в районе северного полюса вроде бы оставался один резервный трансфокал. Попробуй добраться туда. Больше ничем помочь не могу. Удачи тебе!
В эфире воцарилась тишина. Арма судорожно дёрнул штурвал на себя и похолодел - двигатели не работали. Как всегда - топливо закончилось в самый критический момент.
Потом шок немного прошел, и Арма посмотрел на свои запасы. Немного, конечно, но до полюса... а хватит ли? И времени не так много. Нужно рискнуть! Не задеть бы только неработающие трансфокалы - тогда уже точно никто не поможет...

Ok, now the rules:

1. You mast enter the portal only in the gates with red arrow.
2. Arma MUST NOT touch portal any other place!
3. First criteria to determine the winner is time.
4. The second one is budget.
Attachments
ARFC_C_XIX - BigPortal.lvl
BIG PORTAL
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
DrRoy
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby Ikerous » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:29 pm

7.50- Light
6.00- Dark
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby NickyNick » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:44 pm

6,00- is level completion time? Have you entered portal in less than 1 second?? :shock: If yes, then you're damn fast
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby Ikerous » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:14 am

NickyNick wrote:6,00- is level completion time? Have you entered portal in less than 1 second?? :shock: If yes, then you're damn fast

Yes it is. And thank you ^_^
Although I really don't expect to win the dark medal. 6.00 was my first dark attempt score.
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:32 am

Ikerous wrote:7.50- Light

I was thinking I could do that...
Then I downloaded the level and found the rocket doesn't move.

What is your secret?
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ikerous » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:56 am

Scream profanities at the screen; it makes the dillo run faster.

And also, are you sure theres no way to get that rocket moving? ;)
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:40 am

Ikerous wrote:are you sure theres no way to get that rocket moving?

:? sure?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DOY!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

:arrow: Are you kidding me?? It's achored!...
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ikerous » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:49 am

JustcallmeDrago wrote::arrow: Are you kidding me??

:D Maybe
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:52 am

:D Maybe

:x @$$#()|_[-!!!11oneonesix :x

JK, you had me worried there. :D Don't ever do it again! :evil: :lol:[/quote]
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Overlord » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:52 pm

Can I cross the portal to reach the top and then fall in? Or do I have to get there without touching it>?
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ikerous » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:58 pm

Overlord wrote:Can I cross the portal to reach the top and then fall in? Or do I have to get there without touching it>?

"Arma MUST NOT touch portal any other place! "

I'm pretty sure that means you have to go around
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby Overlord » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:02 pm

Ahh, I read the rules only once, in the beginning, when it wasn't actual for me, but now I had forgotten them. Thanks for reminding.
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby FF » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:18 pm

JustcallmeDrago wrote: :x @$$#()|_[-!!!11oneonesix :x

Oh, Really itresting! I've caught the meaning of "@$$#()|_[-", but what does mean "11oneonesix "????

//I'm not english or american, so explain, pliiiiz :)
//Sorry for offtopic. :(
FF
Light Master

Postby gamma57 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:35 pm

lol. I speak english and I have no idea what the rest of that means... :?

Anyway...

I want to know how this level can be done dark!? There is rubber and rope. Not classic Dark materials.

Edit: :oops: :oops: Nevermind....

5,90s (D)
6,90 (L)
8)
Last edited by gamma57 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
build yourself a ramblin wreck
gamma57
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby JustcallmeDrago » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:01 pm

FF wrote:
JustcallmeDrago wrote: :x @$$#()|_[-!!!11oneonesix :x
Oh, Really itresting! I've caught the meaning of "@$$#()|_[-", but what does mean "11oneonesix "????

explain, pliiiiz :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet#Over- ... r_emphasis

I am "over-exclamating". The 1 key resides on the same key as "!". "!!!111" happens a lot when someone gets too excited or can't type carefully (as in during a game) and accidentally lets go of the shift key while typing exclamations. But then I actually type out "1" (one) so you know it wasn't an accident and I threw in the six to be funny.

Wikipedia's Leet (1337) article wrote:Another common feature of Leet is over-exclamation, where a sentence is postfixed with many exclamation marks. In some cases, because the exclamation symbol (!) resides on the same key as the number one (1) on QWERTY keyboards, over-exclamation can be accidentally (or purposefully) typed with extraneous numerical digits, owing to the excitement of the typist (e.g. "This is really exciting!!11").[12] This was especially likely in the context of fast-paced online multiplayer games, where typing carefully leaves the gamer vulnerable to attack. Some deliberately type the numbers, while others take the exclamation further and sarcastically replace some of the digits with various written forms (e.g. "STFU!!11one"), or in cases of extreme sarcasm, another number (e.g. "OMG!!!!11!!11oneonesix").[12] The same applies for interrogative punctuation (e.g. "What are you talking about??//"). Other similar uses include the ? (section), ~ (tilde) and @ keys, which are adjacent to the (1) key on various QWERTY keyboards; in extreme cases the exclamations may simply end with a string of garbage characters (e.g. "OMG!!!!!1!1!!!{`+{`+{`$#+%{&#").
JustcallmeDrago
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Next

Return to "C" league