ARF Contest C #VI Results

For special contests with modified rules.

Moderator: Moderators

ARF Contest C #VI Results

Postby NickyNick » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 pm

Hello to cyberwarriors of the Light & Dark,
the results of jumping contest are here:

:lms: goes to Unw with major slingshot! (30 - 1420$)
:dms: goes to Ioncorpse with magnificent dark "piece intersection" thrower! (30 - 4830$)

Congratulations to winners and everybody who participated, well done!

There are also some "cheating" light entries included to ZIP. Maybe the rules weren't so clear, so it's my mistake. Anyway, the goal was to make armadillo jump, not to pull it, so I hope that it's ok to you (WolterW and Ioncorpse).
Attachments
C6entries.zip
(58.59 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Re: ARF Contest C #VI Results

Postby wolterw » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:03 am

There are also some "cheating" light entries included to ZIP. Maybe the rules weren't so clear, so it's my mistake. Anyway, the goal was to make armadillo jump, not to pull it, so I hope that it's ok to you (WolterW and Ioncorpse).[/quote].

I accept your judgement about who the winners are. It is your contest and you define, using your best discernment, who should win. What I do not accept is your classification of my level "Pisa Tower" as being cheating. It is not. It entirely attends to the objective of your contest and in no way infringes the rules you wrote for it. What refers to the semantics of the "jump into" verbal expression it denotes a displacement of an object (or actitude) in the space not implying the method you should use to achieve it. You can jump into a great new idea and not move a single muscle to do it. Losing is OK, cheating, at least in this case, isn't.
wolterw
Light Master

Re: ARF Contest C #VI Results

Postby mark_man » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:11 pm

wolterw wrote:There are also some "cheating" light entries included to ZIP. Maybe the rules weren't so clear, so it's my mistake. Anyway, the goal was to make armadillo jump, not to pull it, so I hope that it's OK to you (WolterW and Ioncorpse).

I accept your judgment about who the winners are. It is your contest and you define, using your best discernment, who should win. What I do not accept is your classification of my level "Pisa Tower" as being cheating. It is not. It entirely attends to the objective of your contest and in no way infringes the rules you wrote for it. What refers to the semantics of the "jump into" verbal expression it denotes a displacement of an object (or actitude) in the space not implying the method you should use to achieve it. You can jump into a great new idea and not move a single muscle to do it. Losing is OK, cheating, at least in this case, isn't.[/quote]
I feel for you on this one . :shock: Totally you should have had it.
I'm Just A Simple Man.
Please for everyone don't believe ANY scores I post .... :D :twisted:
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby NickyNick » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:22 pm

Wolter, I'm so sorry... I am really very ashamed for this situation and I feel myself very bad for taking away your medal just because I haven't explained the goal of contest clearly... Sorry. :( :(
AR & W:A forever
NickyNick
Champion of Light
Champion of Light

Postby mark_man » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:54 pm

After a, re read of the rules and the posts that followed .
I can now see what went wrong .I can now see that you were trying to say a pulley throwing device was OK but not a full pulley .

But i read it all wrong as well .Most of my attempts were pulley orientated.
You wear asked whether a pulley was allowed but only really gave half an answer, as you never really ruled out a full pulley .

IMO. :oops:
I'm Just A Simple Man.
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby wolterw » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 pm

NickyNick, apology fully accepted. Episode is over.

mark_man, thanks for your support.
wolterw
Light Master

Postby GMan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:15 pm

I actually thought the rules were quite clear (not trying to shove anything in your face, wolterw).

I guess it would have just been better to say nothing can be built to stay inside the pipe.
GMan
GMan
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby mark_man » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:10 pm

GMan wrote:I actually thought the rules were quite clear (not trying to shove anything in your face, wolterw).

I guess it would have just been better to say nothing can be built to stay inside the pipe.
You win the Cristal clear comp, I will send you a prize in the post ..... :D .Yes That would have been an excellent way of putting it across in hindsight.
I'm Just A Simple Man.
mark_man
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Return to "C" league