C league rules

For special contests with modified rules.

Moderator: Moderators

C league rules

Postby PeterT » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:59 pm

General information about contests can be found here.
A collection of guidelines on hosting contests is also available.

Here are the rules specific to the "C" league:
  • Can have any level of difficulty. As easy as an "A" or harder than a "B".
  • Must have special rules of some kind. No "standard rules apply". eg: "quickest wins", "the armadillo must pass through all of the hoops" or "exactly four rubbers, two ropes and one elastic should be used".
  • The special rules for scoring must be objectively verifiable, and not a
    matter of personal opinion. Eg: "Most ingenious solution wins" is not allowed (those rules should be kept for the Design Competitions).
  • If the rules include special winning conditions, Light and dark medals are awarded with respect to these new conditions; the best light solution will win the light medal, and the best dark solution will win a dark medal if it is 'better' than the best light solution. Note: Any 'dark' constructions which the special rules say you must have in your solutions are considered OK and do not make your solution dark. Eg: if the rules say you need to use a force paddle, then using 1 is still light, but using 2 would be dark.
PeterT
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dudiobugtron » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:57 am

hehe, Peter you are a legend!

Also credit to snowlord for writing a good set of rules :D
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby snowlord » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:03 am

dudiobugtron wrote:hehe, Peter you are a legend!

Also credit to snowlord for writing a good set of rules :D

Hah, they are as much your rules! :) :)
I'm a tweakling (any score posted by me is light, unless stated otherwise)
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Re: C league rules

Postby John Doe » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:25 pm

must someone be a contest winner, expert, legend etc. to create a new contest? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :lms: :cms: :dms:
John Doe

Postby Overlord » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:55 pm

John Doe wrote:must someone be a contest winner, expert, legend etc. to create a new contest? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :lms: :cms: :dms:

No, but one has to win a contest to host one. While C league (this forum) is not active, you are welcome to try your skills in A or B leagues :arrow:
All ARFC A contests and solutions 1st-255th: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2245
A tool to copy .lvl2 files to \Levels dir when opened: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374
Overlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby John Doe » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:33 am

Overlord wrote:
John Doe wrote:must someone be a contest winner, expert, legend etc. to create a new contest? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :armadillo: :lms: :cms: :dms:

No, but one has to win a contest to host one. While C league (this forum) is not active, you are welcome to try your skills in A or B leagues :arrow:

Does this also apply to dark medals, or just light medal winners? Maybe there should be a forum for anyone to host a competition. :idea: :armadillo:

P.S. Is it possible to have a 'C' contest with say five medals?
John Doe

Postby markmadras » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:49 am

Hi John, as things stand at the moment, the A & B league are the only active leagues. The winner of the Light medal in each contest goes on to host the next one, the winner of the Dark medal does not.

I am sure nobody is going to object if you decide to run your own contest in the C league, just put an announcement in the active contests of the A & B league so we all know about it and I for one will take part. There are only a few players regularly active on this forum and taking part in the contests which is a shame, we would all welcome more players. Why not join in the active leagues for a while, you may win and then you can host your own contest on there.

I, for one, am hoping that when the new updated version of Armadillo Run is launched that more people will join in.

Please feel free to PM me or any other player if you need any help.

As for having a C contest with five medals, I am not quite sure what you mean but it sounds as if it may overcomplicate things. A more detailed explanation would help me to answer this.
markmadras

Return to "C" league