"C" league: ARFC C #1 (now to February 26 19.00GMT

For special contests with modified rules.

Moderator: Moderators

"C" league: ARFC C #1 (now to February 26 19.00GMT

Postby snowlord » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:00 pm

It seems no one is really against it, so I am starting the Special Rules C league right now!

Welcome to:

ARFC C Contest #1, A New Hope

Rules for this contest:

1) There are several (42, I think) hanging metal plates scattered over the level. The score for a solution is the number of these plates that the armadillo has set swinging. It follows that the best score is 42 and the worst is 0.

2) The plates must be touched first by the armadillo. If something else touches a plate before, that plate does not count in the total score.

3) The level must be completed in maximum of 90 seconds. (Enable the timer in the options if you can not see it). The level is completed when the "Level completed" screen appears.

4) If two solutions have the same score, the elapsed time determines the winner. The shortest time wins. If the time happens to be identical, most money left wins.

5) Otherwise standard A/B league rules are valid. Among other things, this means that dark solutions can not win the contest, but can get a Dark medal (if this is OK with the powers that be).

Naming: Score - Name - Title

Submissions can be made to armadillo@internetlab.org

GMT Time link: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Here's the discussion about the "C" league:
http://armadillo.metaclassofnil.com/for ... php?t=1004

Questions? Otherwise, good luck!
Attachments
ARFC_C_I_A New Hope.lvl
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
I'm a tweakling (any score posted by me is light, unless stated otherwise)
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ikerous » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:11 pm

I. Love. You.
Ikerous
Light Master

Postby snowlord » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:14 pm

Ikerous wrote:I. Love. You.

I guess that I couldn't get a better response than that :)

But sorry, I am already taken :twisted:
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby JonathanF » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:18 pm

Wow, looks extremely cool! I don't think I stand a chance though... :oops:
"It's just a reflection of dark past, remains of a ruined, dead, cursed soul, and also another reason for you to hate me..."

-Meyhna'ch
JonathanF
Armadillo Lord
Armadillo Lord

Postby Unw » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:55 pm

2) The plates must be touched first by the armadillo. If something else touches a plate before, that plate does not count in the total score.

So something like this won't count?
Attachments
clothtouch.JPG
clothtouch.JPG (7.31 KiB) Viewed 10531 times
Unw
Light Master

Re: "C" league: ARFC C #1 (now to February 26 19.0

Postby dudiobugtron » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:20 am

snowlord wrote:5) Otherwise standard A/B league rules are valid. Among other things, this means that dark solutions can not win the contest, but can get a Dark medal (if this is OK with the powers that be).

I just wanted to point out that the awarding of medals needs to be sanctioned by PeterT; I think you should PM him snowlord to see what he thinks of the C competition idea!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Re: "C" league: ARFC C #1 (now to February 26 19.0

Postby snowlord » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:17 am

dudiobugtron wrote:
snowlord wrote:5) Otherwise standard A/B league rules are valid. Among other things, this means that dark solutions can not win the contest, but can get a Dark medal (if this is OK with the powers that be).

I just wanted to point out that the awarding of medals needs to be sanctioned by PeterT; I think you should PM him snowlord to see what he thinks of the C competition idea!

Yeah, I know, that's what I meant with the "powers that be" bit. I will PM him, but the last time he made a post was a month ago, so I think he's a bit busy with other things. Maybe I should email him!
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby snowlord » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:19 am

Unw wrote:

So something like this won't count?

Exactly. The plate must be touched by the hardened leather of the armadillo.
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby luka1222 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:43 pm

what if something else not conected to the armadillo hits it first then later on the dillo hits it is that ok or is the armadillo the absolutly first thig that is allowed to hit it?
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby snowlord » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:36 pm

luka1222 wrote:what if something else not conected to the armadillo hits it first then later on the dillo hits it is that ok or is the armadillo the absolutly first thig that is allowed to hit it?

It must be the absolutely first thing. One reason for this is that otherwise it would be hard to draw the line. 5 seconds? Looks like it stopped swinging?
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby snowlord » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:40 pm

I'd like to point out that you're allowed to post scores and bluffs! :D
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby luka1222 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:09 pm

snowlord wrote:
luka1222 wrote:what if something else not conected to the armadillo hits it first then later on the dillo hits it is that ok or is the armadillo the absolutly first thig that is allowed to hit it?

It must be the absolutely first thing. One reason for this is that otherwise it would be hard to draw the line. 5 seconds? Looks like it stopped swinging?

i dont get the 5 seconds looks like it stopped swinging thing what does that mean? is your score how many are still swinging at the point the level finnishes :shock:
of all the things ive lost i miss my mind the most.
luka1222
Light Master

Postby snowlord » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:22 pm

luka1222 wrote:
snowlord wrote:

i dont get the 5 seconds looks like it stopped swinging thing what does that mean? is your score how many are still swinging at the point the level finnishes :shock:

No, no, no. Forget about that. I was just trying to give examples of how hard it would be to draw the line between a touch that is OK and one that is not.

The rule still is: If something else touches the metal plate before the armadillo, it doesn't count in the total score at all.

I'm sorry if I am creating confusion. I'm going to blame it on my bad command of the English language! :)
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby GMan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:28 pm

All you have to do it touch it right? And set it swinging, so no hitting the top part and thinking it counts?

Once it swings even just a little it counts forever?
GMan
GMan
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby snowlord » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:36 pm

GMan wrote:All you have to do it touch it right? And set it swinging, so no hitting the top part and thinking it counts?

As I hadn't thought of that you can hit it without making it swing I'm going to allow "hitting the top part". Maybe someone was designing a solution around that.

GMan wrote:Once it swings even just a little it counts forever?

Yes.

EDIT: I see now that every "C" league contest will be full with rules questions ;)
snowlord
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Next

Return to "C" league