Level 17 - Catapult

Discuss solutions to the built-in (normal and extra) levels.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby NoGood » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:55 pm

I don't get it, i download skaller's solution, but it doesn't work!
NoGood

lvl 17

Postby smjjames » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:40 pm

I'm not sure how to upload the file that I want, plus I have a new computer which is running windows vista, and the add attatchment button doesn't seem to work for me atm, soo, I'll try and describe it somewhat.

After some experimentation and trying to replicate (unsuccessfully) that rubber 'dillo catcher I saw in the AR extreme video from YouTube, I came up with this setup:

Starting with the top right anchor, I made a cloth catching basket out of two pieces of cloth with the second one connected to the lower right anchor.

Then I made a metal plate from the lower left anchor at an angle and attach a rope to the upper left anchor and the top of the metal plate. This deflects the 'dillo into the cloth catcher. Other variations of this will work as well.

Finally, I made a wheel shaped catcher with a 'paddle' using metal plates for the paddle and catcher on the lower left node. I powered this using 'the force' which I had discovered while playing atound in edit scenario. The paddle should knock the 'dillo out of the cloth catcher and onto the metal platform where you reach your goal.

Using this solution, I was able to have $280 left over.
smjjames

Postby McGinge » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:43 pm

welcome to the forum smjjames!!! nice solution :D
In an ideal world, where anything and everything is in perfect form, is there a perfect form of imperfection?

Work THAT one out! :)
McGinge
Contest Legend
Contest Legend

Postby smjjames » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:47 pm

I was trying to figure out a way to 'trap' the armadillo, I attempted to use some sort of combination of timers and tension to pull the trapdoor shut, but that didn't work, then I got inspired by the 'backwards rocket' force as I called it because I discovered it when suddendly the rockets on a wheel went backwards. for a second I thought it was the rockets themselves that were going backwards lol!

looks like I got the attatchment button to work, so heres mine :)
Attachments
~Level 17 - Catapult.lvl
catapult with catcher
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
smjjames

Previous

Return to Built-in levels