Website High Score List

Discuss solutions to the built-in (normal and extra) levels.

Moderator: Moderators

Website High Score List

Postby dudiobugtron » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:01 am

Since starting to take part in these competitions, I haven't looked at the website solutions page in ages:

http://www.armadillorun.com/solutions/

But just browing it yesterday, I was amazed by the solutions to the built-in levels - or rather, by who held them. (the built-in levels being 'Level 1' to 'Level 50' and 'Extra 1' through to 'Extra 10' which come with the game) I regard these as being more 'important' than the custom-made levels.

Names I recognise like kingofthespill, Bob, ?rjan and dudiobugtron :wink: all had a mention, PeterT and Toa the Boa stood out as having multiple records (3-4). Other names hold one or two records as well.

But then there is this player called 'Paul Hudak', who has 23 records! That's over 1/3rd of the built in levels!!! :shock:
Who is this guy, and what is his secret? If he came to the forum, would he take out every competition? Would he look at us struggling to get 'Lord' scores, and laugh at the idea of a score being so low?
I want to see this Master of Armadillo Run in action!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Postby Ryo_Sangnoir » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:51 am

His secret is the force.

As far as I know (I track the solutions page A LOT), he had the cheapest launcher (metal + bars) (he had highscore on Weak Bridge as well, but someone tweaked the catcher)

Of course, now someone has found a cheaper launcher that is still usable (see level 2) so I think I've seen that used in another level by Hudak.

If you look at the other levels (conveyor belt is one I know off hand, Alphabet Z as well) you'd see RYO (no relation to me) coming up with some very nice force solutions, jojo and myself tweaking everything (jojo with more success), LFRmy mastering the cloth force (I think someone else did that as well - could have been RYO) and OISGoats mastering the Alphabet. j4k3h4x is a newcomer, but doing nicely. Hope ey stays.

I'd at least consider Alphabet to be "important", as the first level set (I think) with 26 levels and a lot of solutions.

Edit: Looking at contest levels, i'd saying ?rjan Flatseth is the Master, or maybe BFC. Casius comes up with some nice looking solutions, as does Skyring, as does n.fav.

I would like to see GeckoUK (aka tmcsweeney I think?) actually submitting some solutions considering he won most of the ones over at Eurogamer.
Ryo_Sangnoir

Return to Built-in levels