Need help at lvl 43

Discuss solutions to the built-in (normal and extra) levels.

Moderator: Moderators

Need help at lvl 43

Postby 3raz3r » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi.
I could say that I'm kinda new in the AR world, and therefore the solutions can be quite complicated. Usually they lie there, right before my eyes, but I can't see them. And because of this I rly need help at level 43. I can't seem to find the solution. Does anyone have a screenshot of it? Or perhaps can give me some advice of how I'm going to solve it. I really need help. one of my friends and I have a small competition going on, first one to level 50.

In advance, thnx!

EDIT: Ain't that fucked up. 2 minutes after posting, I solved it. LOL
3raz3r

Postby tomo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:55 pm

it's ok... if you need help for 44 level...you still can come here
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby wolterw » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:07 pm

Sorry dude. We gave advice to your friend already.
wolterw
Light Master

Postby 3raz3r » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:15 pm

wolterw wrote:Sorry dude. We gave advice to your friend already.

haha, I don't think so. he's only on like level 30 or something. unless he's screwing with me.

Well, instead of creating a new topic I think I'll just ask here instead. I'm now on level 45, and I cant seem to find out how to do it. I know, I know. If I spend enough time in front of the game I will finally manage to solve it. But it it's starting to really piss me off. So, If someone have a screenshot or a hot tip, I would really appreciate it :)
3raz3r

Postby tomo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:33 pm

i finished all 50 levels alredy...and other levels too...45th level is not realy hard... use two tensioned rubbers and cloth and rope :D
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby 3raz3r » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:38 pm

tomo wrote:i finished all 50 levels alredy...and other levels too...45th level is not realy hard... use two tensioned rubbers and cloth and rope :D

I don't think I understand you :o Would you be so kind to upload a screenshot? :)
3raz3r

Postby tomo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 pm

Imagehere it is... you don't see much but i hope that you can use it...
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby 3raz3r » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:50 pm

tomo wrote:Imagehere it is... you don't see much but i hope that you can use it...

Thanks a lot. I didn't do exactly as you did, but I used your rubber tension thingy. instead of cloth and rope at the end, I had metal sheet and metal bars.

Thanks for your help :D
3raz3r

Postby tomo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 pm

np... it's yust and easy way...
tomo
Contest Winner
Contest Winner

Postby 3raz3r » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:41 pm

Yeah. It's me again :P I'm now on level 46. And I'm stuck again. I've been trying for nearly an hour now, and it's really starting to trouble me. I have trouble with every god damn level I'm on right now. I don't know how to get the Amadillo to get upwards. I rly need your help. So if anyone have any screenshots or some hints, I would appreciate it!

This forum is really getting me spoiled. Whenever I face a little trouble, I turn to you guys :P
Spartans! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell!
3raz3r

Postby beejamin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:51 am

Hey man,

Sounds like you just need to get your head around some of the basic principles - for nearly every solution, you can use variations of a pretty small set of simple machines.

Whenever you need to move the Armadillo UP, it means you're going to need to get some energy from somewhere. This can come from:

* Chemical - a rocket - not cheap, but powerful

* 'Elastic' potential - tension or compression, especially on rubber or elastic

* 'Gravity' potential - capture the energy of a falling weight and transfer it to the 'dillo

* The force - I try not to use this one - all the standard levels can be solved without it. It's the cheapest source of 'unlimited' energy though.

Gravity potential is often a good solution, because it uses cheap materials - I think I use it in well over 50% of levels - I solved level 46 by creating a 'pulley' - a long strip of cloth running over a smooth metal 'hub', positioned over the portal.

Attach a heavy weight to the high end of the cloth, and a basket for the dillo at the low end. get the 'dillo in the basket, and use the weight at the other end to pull him up into the goal. It's all about tuning the amount of weight to get the timing right.

Hope this helps mate - you know what they say, teach a man to fish, and all that! Good luck!
beejamin

Postby 3raz3r » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:17 pm

beejamin wrote:Hey man,
Hope this helps mate - you know what they say, teach a man to fish, and all that! Good luck!

You are right. But right about now, I really need another fish :P I've spend a lot of time on AR lately, but I can't seem to find a solution. Don't you, or someone else for that matter, have a screenshot of your level? At least then, I can look at the design, and maybe make some fancy solution of myself.
I don't mean to bother anyone with all of my noob problems, but I rly need help. It seems nearly impossible for me to solve level 46 :(
Spartans! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell!
3raz3r

Postby dudiobugtron » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:54 am

If you want a fish, there is a fishmonger on the main AR site:

http://www.armadillorun.com/solutions/

You should just use them as illustrations though, it feels alot better completing a level by yourself first. And who knows you might even find a high-schore for some of the levels!
dudiobugtron
Contest Veteran
Contest Veteran

Return to Built-in levels